Unbelievable

My alcoholic husband actually said to me that the reason I have Lupus is because I don't do enough around the house and don't have a job. Good news everyone, all you have to do is get a JOB and you will be cured :/

Its definitely stressful and Im sure its making my symptoms worse

That was as funny as it was sad. I feel for you. Living with an “alchie” I’m sure, is hard enough if you weren’t sick.

Ha who knew! :slight_smile:

If only I knew before I got sick! This solves ALL my problems. (<<—sarcasm. Lol)

I wish he was right! Im gonna run right out and get gainfully employed & be lupus an sjogrins free!!! I’m so sorry. Maybe you have lupus because, you got a shitty hand delt to you. I have a friend that says I blame everything on lupus… um that’s because almost everything I can’t do is because of lupus. Has he even read anything about lupus? Do him a favor, print up some info… tell him he can’t understand if he doesn’t know what you deal with. I know you can’t make him, but you could ask. If that doesn’t work have him go to your Dr Apts with your rheumy. My mom was skeptical till I made her come with me. People can be so insensitive. Especially if they are in the dark about something or in denial. Good luck to you. Hope he realizes soon that this isn’t a choice.

Sounds like your husband needs to go out and buy a case of "clues". This come in very handy and by buying in large quantities, he will always have a "clue" available. I apologize for that rant. I pray the scales over his eyes removed and his closed thoughts will be open to all that Lupus is doing and causing in your body, emotions, and mind. So many people are so clueless, "well, you look good on the outside!" but they don't see the pain you have on the inside as you struggle to smile at them and not burden them with your pain. Prayers for you and your husband!

THANK you! I'm not sure he's going to be my husband for much longer.....

delmario said:

Sounds like your husband needs to go out and buy a case of "clues". This come in very handy and by buying in large quantities, he will always have a "clue" available. I apologize for that rant. I pray the scales over his eyes removed and his closed thoughts will be open to all that Lupus is doing and causing in your body, emotions, and mind. So many people are so clueless, "well, you look good on the outside!" but they don't see the pain you have on the inside as you struggle to smile at them and not burden them with your pain. Prayers for you and your husband!

Thanks for the news! I’m working now so I’m cured! I’ll make sure to cancel all my upcoming appts. It’s so hard to be with someone who doesn’t understand. My husband from time to time will say little things about cleaning and such but I just ignore it. I can only explain lupus so many times. If he doesn’t get it oh well I tune it out bc I have way more important things to worry about. I’ll be praying for ya.

That is the funniest thing I heard…then I must be cured too, I’ve held down a job for 5 years and now I have my own art business…

WOW!! That must be why I contracted Lupus #facepalm I was working 2 jobs instead of “a job.” My ex-wife is an alcoholic, and used to say horrible things. Now I am married to a wonderful woman who doesn’t just understand she knows how it feels, she has Sjogren’s and Fibromyalgia. Both her and our youngest daughter (last one at home) get on my case for doing housework! ! I am sorry you have to go through that. Of course I pray for the best to happen, which would be that he stops drinking, goes to counseling and understands what it’s like being you. Or just grows a heart.

Selfish smh… Pray for your husband & for God to deliver you for evil (him). I broke my 4 year relationship off from my ex when I started getting weird systems and stressing out after he decided to move to another city for his masters degree without. He showed me too many signs of being selfish and not being supportive of me so, I had to make my owe decisions for my future, children & health. That was to drop his selfish aas and be stress free, it was the best thing I’ve done for myself in years, I don’t regret it at all… 5 months after that I was dx with lupus and thats when I know I’d made the right decision bc he didn’t care or call me to show any sympathy nor support… And I returned the favor.

Thank you so much ~

Cameron said:

WOW!! That must be why I contracted Lupus #facepalm I was working 2 jobs instead of "a job." My ex-wife is an alcoholic, and used to say horrible things. Now I am married to a wonderful woman who doesn't just understand she knows how it feels, she has Sjogren's and Fibromyalgia. Both her and our youngest daughter (last one at home) get on my case for doing housework! ! I am sorry you have to go through that. Of course I pray for the best to happen, which would be that he stops drinking, goes to counseling and understands what it's like being you. Or just grows a heart.

Thank you

haitianbarbie88 said:

Thanks for the news! I'm working now so I'm cured! I'll make sure to cancel all my upcoming appts. It's so hard to be with someone who doesn't understand. My husband from time to time will say little things about cleaning and such but I just ignore it. I can only explain lupus so many times. If he doesn't get it oh well I tune it out bc I have way more important things to worry about. I'll be praying for ya.

Thank you for sharing, I think I need to get away from him if I want any chance at all of feeling better

tjmckay said:

Selfish smh.. Pray for your husband & for God to deliver you for evil (him). I broke my 4 year relationship off from my ex when I started getting weird systems and stressing out after he decided to move to another city for his masters degree without. He showed me too many signs of being selfish and not being supportive of me so, I had to make my owe decisions for my future, children & health. That was to drop his selfish aas and be stress free, it was the best thing I've done for myself in years, I don't regret it at all.. 5 months after that I was dx with lupus and thats when I know I'd made the right decision bc he didn't care or call me to show any sympathy nor support.. And I returned the favor.

Yes, in fact I think its part of why I AM sick
Steen said:

That was as funny as it was sad. I feel for you. Living with an "alchie" I'm sure, is hard enough if you weren't sick.

Ha, I'll keep it in mind. :/

Spread the word!!

Dragonfly said:

Ha, I'll keep it in mind. :/

Told my husband what yours said. He was disgusted. I’m sure your husband’s crudeness stems from the underlying cause of his alcoholism. If he’s not willing to treat his alcoholism, I would leave him.

THank you ~ that's the conclussion I've come to as well. It helps to have feedback