Need to learn how better to deal with Lupus

I have to admit , I have been too hard on my husband. I get so frustrated because of my limitations in the last year, that I take it out on him, that is not fare to him. I appreciate my husband and, I know that he really sometimes don't know what to say, or do when I am in a funk. That is why I decided to find a way to vent elsewhere, because I need my family when I go through tough times, the last thing I want to do is to take my frustration out on the people I love. That is why I decided to become a member to cope.

I think having others who truly understand really does help! It’s great you have a supportive family xx

Hello Rose,

You come on here anytime to your 2nd family which LWL is to me and throw you anger our way...because dealing with it ourselves on a daily basis sometimes we can correspond with you better.

Your not the only one who gives it out i'm an high rated person anyway with my temper but the Lupus as done a nice added bonus ontop and because my husbands been used to it for a good while he goes in another room till i carm down or if i can't i come on the site and answering members and discussions helps take it down slowly.

It's nice to hear you on here and we also sharing our views...so your not alone.

A large hug your way Terri xxx

I am so happy to hear that I am not alone. I appreciate your comment, some days I feel that no one really understands what I go through, no matter how hard my husband try to comfort me, sometimes I'm just not able to express my feelings. I look forward to venting to someone that really relate to what I am going through. Thank you for your kind words.

Lisa, I am grateful for my family very much so, that is why I needed a place to express my feelings so that I don't take my frustration out on them. thank you for your reply.

Lisa said:

I think having others who truly understand really does help! It's great you have a supportive family xx

Hello Rose,

Your not alone on this issue mate and alot of people out there including family will never know what drives with to this only Lupus does by messing with our hormones.

Rose i'm adding a disccussion link what "Nissy" started same issue about temper and if you read through it i hope it helps.

http://forum.lifewithlupus.org/forum/topics/extremely-moody-and-confused

Love Terri xxx

Rose Nobles said:

I am so happy to hear that I am not alone. I appreciate your comment, some days I feel that no one really understands what I go through, no matter how hard my husband try to comfort me, sometimes I'm just not able to express my feelings. I look forward to venting to someone that really relate to what I am going through. Thank you for your kind words.

Hi Rose

Sometimes I get depressed, and I just want to cry for no reason - and my husband immediately asks me if he did something wrong? Its just Lupus being lupus. My fatigue is worse this week, I guess with this cold I have. You can always express your feelings here, and we understand. Trisha

It stinks. Sorry for your troubles. I will pray for all of us today!

Welcome aboard!!! We are always here for you so vent away :wink: You will find that there is not a whole lot you can say that at least one person here doesn’t relate to. You are right no matter what you say and no matter how hard they try our loved ones will never truly get it and we can’t keep taking it out on them. As for those feeling frustrated and depressed there s NO shame in asking for help. We take so many pills as it is we might as well take one that makes us happy…if that’s even possible!!!

Ugh. I get so frustrated too. Sometimes I snap at my sons. Thankfully I spend a lot of happy positive time with them too so they are very forgiving. You don't need to know what to say here. Just come on and let it out :-)

Rose, I hear your heart. My life consists of sitting a lot in my chair since my legs don't want to support me on many days. I have a lot of time to feel poorly about what I can no longer do. I wish I was a giant blower that could blow off the dust from my tables, piano, and blinds. So I realize most of my negative thoughts that are directed to him....aren't really to him. It is expressing my disappointment in myself that I am no longer the housekeeper I once was.

It took me a while to understand what was happening. But when I "got it" I began to thank him on a daily basis for the daily acts of love he sends my way...cooking a meal...washing the clothes...folding them up and putting them away..and tidying the house when someone is coming to visit. Truly I've begun counting my blessings instead of focusing on the things that aren't getting the attention and trying not to worry about them...or doing them when my legs are working.

The LWL is a wonderful support family. We can vent safely without fear of reprimand...know there are understanding hearts...and after we had our say...can be comforted with the answers written...then we can move on and we can leave our attitude in our computer!

Bob & I spend an hour each morning together really talking about the things that touch our hearts and affect us. It has helped diffused bad attitudes, hurts, and disappointments. When I feel rough I find myself saying things I shouldn't. So I pray the prayer.."Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

I truly have to pray for self control for myself. God truly understand our whole situation better than anyone in the world...and He will help us.

Prayer is a stress reliever. My lord hears our prayers and answers in his own way and time, but just to know he is here and with me gives me relief. Also to know I can post on this site has helped me in the short time I’ve been aboard! Praying for you all!

To you all, I am in South Africa and feel very lonely. This side people are only reading about lupus on internet and a few knows what lupus is. I am very grateful for my lhusband that supports me and he truly understand. He tinted the windows of our vehicles, changed bulbs in our house, put lamps with shades where there is uv florescent lights in our house. I have a full time assistant doing my house chores, so I am very lucky. Girl, look out for your man, it seems his a darling. Listen to you body, don't plan anything ahead. Listen to your body every morning. This motto helped me emotionally a lot.

Hello Rose,

How are you feeling now in yourself since adding your discussion?....and i hope members replies have helped you in many ways.

Love Terri xxx

Hello! Tez I am well, hope that you are too. thank you for thinking of my well being. I have to say it does help to hear from others that are going through what I am experiencing, and all that was said did help. I am glad that I opened ,up and let people know my feelings, at first I was not sure that I should share such a personal issue for me, but after all the encouraging replies I am glad I did so.

Tez_20 said:

Hello Rose,

How are you feeling now in yourself since adding your discussion?....and i hope members replies have helped you in many ways.

Love Terri xxx

Hi Rose , IT"S OKAY !!! They have to adjust to us , having this LUPUS stuff just like we do . So just don't take everything seriously to the frustrated point !!! Okay it's alright , remember that you have to stay relaxed and claim with things more than you use to . Out with the old thing and welcome the LUPUS stuff . Just talk claim and stay claim that's my key with this and my family and friends ...Hope that things work out alright ....Beverly L.

I agree Beverly and that is what my goal is to stay calm, because the stress causes flare ups, and I definitely don't want that. thank you for your kind words.

Beverly L. said:

Hi Rose , IT"S OKAY !!! They have to adjust to us , having this LUPUS stuff just like we do . So just don't take everything seriously to the frustrated point !!! Okay it's alright , remember that you have to stay relaxed and claim with things more than you use to . Out with the old thing and welcome the LUPUS stuff . Just talk claim and stay claim that's my key with this and my family and friends ...Hope that things work out alright ....Beverly L.

No problem !!! smile We are here the same reasons to give kind words to help us to stay SANE and not worry about LUPUS when other really don't understand what we are going through !!!! So just stay free from STRESS so YOU DON"T GO INTO A FLARE - smile ....Beverly L.

Hello Rose,

Nice to hear your feeling well...i've got the flu mate but i'll get over it, that's men for ya bringing the germs in. LOL

Well to be truthful when i joined LWL myself i got to know members and never found such a lovely bunch and onlyhaving my hubby to turn to...they're my 2nd family and i would be truly be lost now without them and as times goes on i open up on discussions and hardly hold anything in, it does you system great to lose issues out...you'll always have our love and support as we're all going through the same problems.

Have a lovely pleasant weekend keep nice and carm and don't get using any frying pans mate...just having the crack Rose because if we don't we mays well drop dead in sympathy.

Hugs & kisses Terri xxx

Rose Nobles said:

Hello! Tez I am well, hope that you are too. thank you for thinking of my well being. I have to say it does help to hear from others that are going through what I am experiencing, and all that was said did help. I am glad that I opened ,up and let people know my feelings, at first I was not sure that I should share such a personal issue for me, but after all the encouraging replies I am glad I did so.

Tez_20 said:

Hello Rose,

Love Terri xxx