Phenergan vs. Zofran

One of my most prolific symptoms I deal with is constant intense nausea. I can’t eat without taking anti-nausea meds. I get sick more days than not. I love to cook and bake but usually don’t eat what I cook because I can’t stomach more than a few crackers or a piece of toast.

Now my question, I have a prescription for phenergan and zofran (tablet and sublingual form) sometimes one works better than the other but I’m usually trying hard not to get sick to take stock of which one helps me the most. I almost always take phenergan over zofran if it’s closer to bedtime since it helps make me drowsy. If you have taken both which works for you better? Have you had headaches that coincide with zofran? Is there something else you do to help chronic nausea? I really miss the days when the thought of food was “yummy” rather than “blerg”.

I feel for you! I come from a family who loves to eat and cook. But im always in constant nausea! Its hard going out with your friends and just sit there watching them eat cause the thought of food makes you sick! I only take zofran and it only sorta helps. Better then nothing and i can at least eat. My gastroenterologist told me to try ginger. I couldn't deal with chewing it so i got lemon ginger tea, It helped a little. I have also tried peppermint and it really soothes my stomach. So i often have a cup of peppermint tea before bed. I add soft peppermint candy sticks to it instead of sugar. Yumm! Hope you can find something that helps! :)