Skin rashes

I’m a little anxious about dermatology appt next week. Have had strange rash for 8 months that started out as only a couple of small round spots on back that have grown in size multiplied and spread. Worst area is my upper legs close to groin area. Don’t hurt or itch but unresponsive to antifungals and hydrocortisone creams. Also noticing splotchy areas of pigmentation on arms and bright redness after only 10 minutes of sun exposure, even through clothing. I apply sunscreen every morning but still happens.

Hello Amy,

Pigmentation marks comes with skin issues as i have them and they're alot worse with people who are darked headed...regarding your rash the round spots, are they like what ringworm looks like, do they look like this.

If the rash does that's lupus mimicing ringworm, as i had it bad all over my body and i was diagnosed with it being psoriasis.

Terri :)

I posted a pic of my rash on my profile page. The weird thing is the areas affected are never exposed to sunlight.

Here are pics
335-image.jpg (2.12 MB)

Amy i can't see the rash but i can see dark pigmentation on your skin....the photo is'nt fully exposed to see the rash sorry :)

Amy Russell said:

Here are pics

I have that rash myself but was told it is part of lupus. I haven't done anything with it.

Amy Russell said:

I posted a pic of my rash on my profile page. The weird thing is the areas affected are never exposed to sunlight.

I have spots and rashes too. My derm just removed a spot on my shoulder, biopsied it and said it was lupus related. My arms are the worst, brown and red spots everywhere. I wear sunscreen and sunscreen shirts from Land's End. I try to get them on sale and you can swim in them. I also wear gloves when I drive, the sun actually makes my skin sting even with sunscreen on.

I also get rashes on my legs and hips. It is all part of lupus. To most of us the sun is like poison.

Hope you feel better!

I'm going to be interested in what the dermatologist says. I have them all over my arms, legs, shoulders, back and front. They aren't really itchy, but I find myself scratching them - particularly on my arms. Mine are also in places that are never exposed to the sun. Mine are brown and just skin colored. I've been told that they are a side effect of Imuran which I take to suppress my immune system. They did start appearing after Imuran dosage was tripled. I will be watching to find out what your dermatologist says.

I’ve never taken Imuran. I will definitely let you know what he says.

Rita you need to know what you do have...my dermo did bloods and said i have psoriais and also subacute cutaneous Lupus (SCLE)...not told it's part of Lupus.

If you have rashes then something is coursing it :)

reet said:

I have that rash myself but was told it is part of lupus. I haven't done anything with it.

Amy Russell said:

Thanks, Terri. I see the rheumy on Tuesday so I will ask that question then. Thanks again, dear one. Have I said lately how much I love this group!! I learn something new at least once a week.

Gentle Hugs, Terri.

Hello Rita,

Best of luck mate seeing your Dermo tomorrow and update we on what's said...i have'nt seen my dermo since last year since he refered me onto a new rheumo, well now to many skin issues are occuring and he never signed me off from seeing him again...i got intouch with the receptionest and she spoke with him and i see him on the 22nd August and my hubby as some printing of pictures to do, i've got a lump growing on the side of my thumb under the skin, my little toe as been itching and a blister this morning, just one thing after another.

You'll learn something fresh all the time because with so many members having Lupus with different issues linked to it, something new pops up daily and it's more knowledge to we.

Love Terri :)

reet said:

Thanks, Terri. I see the rheumy on Tuesday so I will ask that question then. Thanks again, dear one. Have I said lately how much I love this group!! I learn something new at least once a week.

Gentle Hugs, Terri.

On my way to dermo. Will update later.

Tinea versicolor - overgrowth of skin surface yeast.