Mood swings and anger

Hello everyone my name is Shae, I just found out I have lupus after about 3 years of doctors telling me that it’s my weight … The swelling ,joint pain, hair loss , drained all the time , back pain and more … I have so many questions and get know answers by the doctors … Just take this and medication… I’m really concerned because I was on deprakote for bipolar , but the doctors took me of and said it was the lupus… I’m depressed and really stressed and oh so moody… I don’t know how to control myself, what should I do? Also I have night sweats and hot flashes and I woke up witha rash across my face and nose … If anyone has any info that could help I would be so grateful …I have also been on steroids for 2 months… I guess that doesn’t help …

Hello Shae,

Well you've hit on a great subject here...we seem to have so many things alike especially the mood swings and anger.

Lupus causes bipolar besides depression i've got it besides it causing me to have bad OCD where cleaning is concerned and that goes at the best pace i can do it at besides my hubby helping me. Everything else your feeling hairloss, back pain, joint pain and fatigue all realted to "Lovely old Lupus"

Well i suffer from depression and i do get my days where i break down crying when it gets extreme being a manic depressive but i have learnt to try and fight it off because with your depression and also being stressed Lupus really does thrieve off these symptoms and they're the worst ones for it making your symptoms feel alot worse...i know it's hard to try and surpress them but if you can try and fight the depression in some way you'll be helping your symptoms.

I have bad mood swings and anger and my turn nasty out the blue...i'm not surprised my hubby's head as'nt rolled off yet but the psychiatrist as told me that my depression actually causes this besides the stress...i'm ok one minute and bang i've lost it in no time..i had councilling for mine and nothing's helped either issue so i know it's something i've got to live with and as i'm getting older it gets worse.

Have they mentioned Anti-depressants to you as they may help...i've done a cocktail over 26yrs and none have helped me...so i take a valium of 5mg at night and i've noticed it lowers my cells in the brain and cn slow me down at times, ask if there's anything like i've mentioned to help you.

I have sweats but that's mainly at 6-7pm at night but not while sleeping as all my meds knock me totally out and the rash across your cheeks and nose sounds like the butterfly rash (malar rash) unless you've had it before...if it's sore you could always ask your GP or Dermo for some cream or ointment to help it.

I really feel for you shae as i've had this lot for years and really do know what your going through and i've done all avenues on help and nothing as helped me....sorry i can't help no more.

((A large hug)) Terri xxx

Thank you so much… I felt so alone till now :slight_smile: I look at that deprakote and I want to take it and hope the meanness goes away… I didnt know how mean I could really be… But the doctor took me off the deprakote and I’m on savela,clonazempam,synthroid, and steroids… So i will keep up the meds my doctor has me on… But I really need self control… My husbands face was priceless when I flipped out… I know it wasn’t funny then , but now it is… My poor hubby… :slight_smile: I want to thank you again :slight_smile: I’m going to calm down and talk to my husband and call the doctor in the morning…

Hi Shae,

If you was to look at alot of the threads which would take forever you'd see i'd mentioned bad mood swinge etc and commenting to friends, i've had this for years...keep taking th meds and see how you feel with them, you may not want this but councilling does help alot of people it's according to how bad the state of your mind is...so mine must be bad with rage at times and if someone puts me out i tell them straight point blank, pointless messing about.

When my hubby gets it in the neck, he either goes in another room till i carm down or he'll say your off again, anything in a way to make me realize.... after 12yrs together he knows me off by heart and stands by me and when i eventually come around properly, then i'm apologising like mad.

Tell your hubby when you chat with him that whatever comes out your mouth is'nt intentional it's the rage your in because my husband knows this and that's why he takes no notice.

I've told him Shae when i drop dead don't have me name printed on the stone have the word "SORRY" stuck on it.

You'll work it out but do mention councilling and you can have that for how long you feel you need it.

Love Terri xxxx

Thank you Terri :slight_smile: God bless and I’m happy to have a new friend…

Your welcome Shae anytime and thank you for exceptimg me.

Goodnight & godbless Terri xxx

Off and on I have terrible night sweats; that along with fatigue and an extreme racing heart sent me to the doctor the first time. I'd never heard of lupus but am happy to have a name put to what is happening to me. Now I'm going to finish the mourning process, take my meds and get on with the new me. I laugh, get hurt, cry, laugh, get angry,etc., I'm just starting to understand what's going on and you've found the proper place (as Tez would say) to do the same.

Oh sweety, I’m so sorry. I can’t believe your doctor would take u of the antidepressant and put on on roids. Wow. I bet u are pissed of as hell lol. However I am glad that u got diagnosed. Find u a good doctor that u like. A good doctor makes all the difference in the world. Find u a good therapist as well. U will need one. I’m glad u found us! Don’t ever feel shy to ask anything or to just vent. You can do a lot for your wellbeing by cutting out certain things. Plz don’t make the mistake of doing anything to " boost" your immune system. It’s like giving amo to your lupus! Stay out of the sun! Get plenty of rest! Take it easy when u are feeling xstra bad. Don’t try to push yourself through it. It will just get worst. Keep a log of different symptoms and take them to your doctor. Laught plenty and keep god on speed dial.

Right now I wish I had a shrink in my purse! lol

Hi Shae, just wanted to chip in here and say that my husband Jon is on Prozac and amnitryptiline, both antidepressents, most literature i have read says there is alot of benefits from being on either of these or both to help with signals from the brain relating to the Lupus symptoms and also to help with depression and anxiety, perhaps you should ask some more people at LWL and see what their thoughts are here...x

Hi Shae,

Besides myself telling you how i am...member's besides have given excellent advice and it may help to speak to someone and try and get help one away or another, as there's no harm in trying.

Speaking with your hubby lie you say also will help him more to understand.

Love Terri xxx

i know how you feel...just knowing something is wrong and its not in my head is good, but freaky having to deal with lupus.., my chest pains come in go..but my back kills me...

Kadeeeee said:

Off and on I have terrible night sweats; that along with fatigue and an extreme racing heart sent me to the doctor the first time. I'd never heard of lupus but am happy to have a name put to what is happening to me. Now I'm going to finish the mourning process, take my meds and get on with the new me. I laugh, get hurt, cry, laugh, get angry,etc., I'm just starting to understand what's going on and you've found the proper place (as Tez would say) to do the same.

I dont really have the best doctor, but not by choice ... insurance change and i have to see a doctor from Daughters of Charity in New Orleans... they never call back and if they do call its like a week later....every question i ask the doctor he has to let me know...today its like my brain is in a fog... like if my pressure is up.. im drained and hot! thank you for being so sweet and talking to me :)

sunshinespraypaint said:

Oh sweety, I'm so sorry. I can't believe your doctor would take u of the antidepressant and put on on roids. Wow. I bet u are pissed of as hell lol. However I am glad that u got diagnosed. Find u a good doctor that u like. A good doctor makes all the difference in the world. Find u a good therapist as well. U will need one. I'm glad u found us! Don't ever feel shy to ask anything or to just vent. You can do a lot for your wellbeing by cutting out certain things. Plz don't make the mistake of doing anything to " boost" your immune system. It's like giving amo to your lupus! Stay out of the sun! Get plenty of rest! Take it easy when u are feeling xstra bad. Don't try to push yourself through it. It will just get worst. Keep a log of different symptoms and take them to your doctor. Laught plenty and keep god on speed dial.

Hi Shae,

How you feeling since we last spoke and such a shame about your insurance change.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx