Moods

I was diagnosed with Lupus 2 years ago but my Rheumatologist says I've probably had it for about 10 years. I take all the medications - Prednisone (4mg/day), Plaquenil & Meloxicam when needed. My primary care doctor suggested I take a mild anti depressant which I've been doing for the past year. Sometimes I find myself getting extremely angry with my husband over stupid things. I understand mood swings are common with Lupus. Has anyone else gone through this? I can't let this disease ruin my marriage!

Hello Jan,

I'm answering this before i go off line...the mood swings can come from medication besides Lupus causing it...there's several members like this and i'm highly rated 80% of the time and i'm not surprised i have'nt seen divorce papers but my husband knows what i go through with so many issues going on at one time.

If you can't control yourself i may suggest councilling as you can get it where Lupus is concerned or your doctor can just refer you and if you don't find the anti-depressents working see if you can change to something else because over the years i've been on a right cocktail and nothing as helped me.

This Discussion was added by Nissy...new on the site like yourself suffering from mood swings and getting angry and reading the comments plus links may help you...while members answer in due course.

http://forum.lifewithlupus.org/forum/topics/extremely-moody-and-confused

Hugs Terri xxx

Hi Jan

I notice I'm prone to crying that I was not before. I'm usually steady like a rock. I don't know if its just because I have my husband who is such a caring person, and its easy to let go now or what it is. I always had to be so strong and take charge, and I don't have to be that anymore.

I don't take Prednisone, and I believe that may be your culprit. For me, I take the Meloxicam everyday and the Plaquenil. I am grumpier when I don't get my rest, and that has been the case this week.

Thanks for posting this : )

Trisha

http://doublecheckmd.com/EffectsDetail.do?dname=predniSONE&sid=12253&eid=2127

Besides severe indigestion, a total inability to sleep, which alone can do it, it makes me very agressive. Again, it could be that I cannot sleep a wink while taking it, but it is not for me. Even on the lowest dose possible, it does me more harm than good.

Pain can be the cause of bad moods as well, there are times I am not fit to be around or fit to be on the boards. Pain can also cause depression, along with many other challenges!

I'm new to this all but I'm sure anytime you have something major going on in your world that it will affect you and those around you. If you are feeling worse and needing more help, it could make you more resentful and tired and grumpy about not getting help. Are you realizing that these things you are getting mad at are stupid after the fact?

Hi Lynn,

Issues that affect us, always affect other's around us...that's the same with other's around we but i do know getting stressed does make Lupus symptoms alot worse on us.

I see your point on the issues may be stupid after the fact...but when your totally being messed up with Lupus or loved ones not taking we seriously...the statement you made is'nt thought of in that way because understanding is what we cry for more than anything.

Hugs Terri xxx

LynnMath said:

I'm new to this all but I'm sure anytime you have something major going on in your world that it will affect you and those around you. If you are feeling worse and needing more help, it could make you more resentful and tired and grumpy about not getting help. Are you realizing that these things you are getting mad at are stupid after the fact?

Well, I, for one, will vouch that my soon-to-be-ex husband is no stupider than before all this happened. I just had major back surgery (from T10 to L2) and have another one planned for December (L4 to S1) and then there's that pesky neck but did that make a difference in how much of his stuff he cleaned up before moving out (I requested the divorce)? Noooooooooooo! I just plug away the best I can!

Tez_20 said:

Hi Lynn,

Issues that affect us, always affect other's around us...that's the same with other's around we but i do know getting stressed does make Lupus symptoms alot worse on us.

I see your point on the issues may be stupid after the fact...but when your totally being messed up with Lupus or loved ones not taking we seriously...the statement you made is'nt thought of in that way because understanding is what we cry for more than anything.

Hugs Terri xxx

LynnMath said:

Hi Lynn,

Good god you have been through the wars and although your going on and due another operation i do hope your ok and why do some people close to you which you think you know be so cruel.

All my love Terri xxx