Knee is killing me

Hi all, it's been a minute since I've been in here but I'm never to far away. I was wondering if anyone has any bad knee pain and what to do about it. I have to walk up steps at work and when I get to the top I'm exhausted and my knees are killing me. Does anyone have any suggestions??

I too have terrible knee pain...which was finally explained by an x-ray that showed bone on bone in my knee with some chipping and cracking off of small segments of bones. ALL connective tissue in there has been destroyed...slowly and painfully by the lupus and osteo arthritis that often accompanies it. Steps and steep hills are the worst challenges and torments for that knee. I wear a knee brace...which helps a tad..I use gel type shoe inserts...which helps a tad...and.I take pain pills...arthritis level OTC...when enough...and I add a half of a prescription pain meds to that when I am out and need to have my wits about me...and the OTC is not enough. I don't know what your future will be like if you continue to have to over do the steps...but I suspect it will either stay the same as now...or get even worse. I'd be looking in to alternatives to too much step climbing...and maybe even check in with my boss or supervisor about it to see if the number of times you have to use them can be reduced. Wishing you the best of luck with this issue.

I have chondramalacia patella. It’s when the cartilage wears away and it’s just bone rubbing on bone. There’s also arthritis in there. It’s all to do with the connective tissue disease. My doc gave me a synvisc injection over the summer. It’s an artificial lubricant replacement done right in the office. It seems to have helped so far.

Same her I feel your pain!! I had knee surgery a year ago to repair a torn meniscus and to clean some arthritic sludge out of my knee. Last time I went to orthopod all she could hear and feel was grinding in both my knees but my left is worse. I have sever arthritis and deteriation of the knee : ( I find heat helps and anti inflamatories.