Drifting away?

Anyone ever feel like a few times they are drifting away, like about to lose self awareness but they don’t? Almost like what it feels like when you are right about to fall asleep? I’m walking around so not that but kinda feels the same. Then I have to force myself to concentrate and it makes me come back. maybe I’m just nuts but any other lupies out there that have had this?

That is what is known as "lupus fog". Doing an advanced search on here for Lupus Fog and Lupus Psychosis could be very informative. Your brain is an organ and as vulnerable as any other part of your body. It's very important that you discuss this with your Rheumy.

Ohhh hmm. Ok. I will check that. Thanks!

Lupie,

I would be absolutely astounded if anyone on this site that hasn't experienced "lupus fog". It is one of the things that are looked for in lupus patients. Really important that you follow up and also that you are aware when you are having one. My husband chooses this time to talk to me if it's something he thinks will make me mad, lol...that way he can say he told me.

Seriously, it's important that you don't drive or make decisions when you are having a "foggy" episode. I got so bad in the beginning that I actually talked to people that weren't there. It should get better when your treatment plan starts to take effect.

Good luck.

Lupie said:

Ohhh hmm. Ok. I will check that. Thanks!

Thanks for responding! I’ve had the symptoms of confusion, forgetting conversations, unable to make decisions easily, etc. every day forever but this is in addition and new. This is feeling like I have to fight to stay conscious. I have to purposefully keep myself into the present. I have to snap myself out of it to stay “awake”. Maybe like being put under anesthesia and fighting it or falling asleep at the wheel and fighting to stay awake. I am sometimes walking and wide awake so it’s not like narcolepsy. I’m never totally out of it. What is the treatment for any of this? Going to a neurologist in a week or two.