Thrush? yeast?

i have told you all about the swallowing problem i was having and super dry mouth, i now have a thick white film on my tongue-i know this is gross but it is thick and i can literally scoop it off and it just comes back after a while, i this related to lupus or sjogrens ? i go back to the rheumy june 18 trying to document everything and just want to make sure. thx kel

Sounds like thrush to me I get it because of the steroids we are more prone to getting it… Best thing to do if you don’t want to take anti fungals is wash your mouth out with antibacterial mouthwash twice a day after cleaning your teeth and scrape as much of the white stuff off your tongue as possible… Avoid eating sugary things because it just feeds it… Do you have a horrible taste in your mouth??

yes i do have a nasty taste in my mouth, and it is so dry i can hardly swollow. i see doc week after next, i dont take steroids so thats not it, i do have some anti-bacterial mouth wash cause i have sores in my mouth thx for the info kel

cayleigh said:

Sounds like thrush to me I get it because of the steroids we are more prone to getting it... Best thing to do if you don't want to take anti fungals is wash your mouth out with antibacterial mouthwash twice a day after cleaning your teeth and scrape as much of the white stuff off your tongue as possible... Avoid eating sugary things because it just feeds it... Do you have a horrible taste in your mouth??

I'm on antibiotics often due to my suppressed immune system from steroids, immuran, plaquinil, etc. Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, yogurt every day. I didn't know that yogurt worked so well until a dietician advised me to take some "dried bacteria culture" like that in yogurt or eat yogurt every day.

Fage is the best for me. You can get it by the half gallon at Costco. The brand is very important. Yoplait and stuff advertised on TV are mostly chemicals.

Also a GP can help you with getting some medicine to clear up your thrush (yeast) infection if the yogurt doesn't work which I think it will.

You got to hold on.

and i hate yogurt, i dont have a costco but i will try and find it

USAGURL said:

I'm on antibiotics often due to my suppressed immune system from steroids, immuran, plaquinil, etc. Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, yogurt every day. I didn't know that yogurt worked so well until a dietician advised me to take some "dried bacteria culture" like that in yogurt or eat yogurt every day.

Fage is the best for me. You can get it by the half gallon at Costco. The brand is very important. Yoplait and stuff advertised on TV are mostly chemicals.

Also a GP can help you with getting some medicine to clear up your thrush (yeast) infection if the yogurt doesn't work which I think it will.

You got to hold on.

I hate 99.9% of all yogurts, but I found, from Belfonte "cotton Candy or"cinnamon roll" flavored and I LOVE them!! It gies me the dietary additie that I need.