Mouth lesions

I've occassionally gotten those lovely lupus lesions in my mouth, but lately I have a terrible taste in my mouth and my gums and tongue are sore. Could this be thrush? And if so, how do I treat it? Thanks in advance!

One of the other folks on here reported a funky taste in their mouth, went to the doctor, and it ended up being thrush. Sometimes people are placed on an anti-fungal medication or mouth rinse. It all depends on their health, how bad the thrush is, and what the doctor thinks would work the best. Limit your sugar intake as that can be a feeding ground for thrush.

I have used Nystatin rinse a couple of times that I have had sores and the white film. Works wonders.

Yeah sounds like thrush. I get it constantly and that’s how it always starts. I’m on a prescription tablet that you place on your tongue and let melt, called clotrimazol. I get thrush so much that my doctor has me take the clotrimazol everyday now.

Is it this white film like coating on your tongue? I thought maybe it was because of all the medicine.

Hi, oh boy!! It is no fun having this. When this start with me , I always keep some of the antibiotics from the last -at least time 1or 2 pills til I make it to the doctor , which by the time the appointment comes it gone . But believe I do ask for 10pills just in case it happens before the next appointment. Of course he always say am not suppose to give you this unless there is a need -I look at him and say well I will be in the office the next time it happens , and then he write a prescritption for the10pills…yeah. L.O.L…Beverly L.

I had the same issues, but not since my rhuemy put me on plaquenil. My tongue is still a little swollen. I forget what my rhuemy called it. Hope you are having a better day

freightliner

Oh lovely mouth sores. U can use nystatin that u get from doctor and you swish and swallow it. It numbs the pain. Also a good way is to get mylanta and swish it in your mouth to coat the sore. They go away but not before making their presence. Hope you feel better!

i had the taste in my mouth not long ago and it was thrush!! ive just been brushing my tongue at the back where the thrush was and using antiseptic mouthwash and drinking probiotic yogurts... worked a treat i diddnt even need antifungals :) :) its all gone now

i had the mouth sores til i went on plaquenil. Now my mouth is great. thank goodness

freightliner

I've been on plaquenil since October and I'm still getting mouth sores on my tongue, roof, inside of lips, and cheeks. Does this mean the plaquenil isn't working? does it mean i'm having a flare (it always happens with a combo of symptoms at once)? I'm still new, please help.