Stroke

I had a stroke six months ago today.
I am so happy to be able to talk, read and write.
I do not take those things lightly, anymore.
I am extremely grateful.
I just wanted to share these thoughts with you.

God bless you Grace. I am happy for you and will pray for further recovery for you.

Hello Grace

It is wonderful that you can do all these things. I am so happy for you and know that it can be a struggle to recover from a stroke.

So glad to hear you've made a full recovery, you give us all hope. take care

Hi Grace,

I can see how glad you'd be. I can't imagine not being able to talk, read or write. You must have been so frightened. And frustrated! Welcome back to the healthier world.

Yes, same here!

ptpsr said:

God bless you Grace. I am happy for you and will pray for further recovery for you.

Good job…I had a small stroke n couldnt do simple things but could walk n talk backwards sometimes. I m sure you pushed yourself. Did they blame lupus for stroke? Some of my docs did.

Wow thank god! My aunto hadlupus and died from it at like 27

So glad to hear that you made a full recovery

What a blessed thing! So glad you did well. Did they attribute it to anything in particular? Thank goodness you are ok and thank you for reminding us all of the importance of gratitude!

Grace, thank you for sharing this positive post. So happy for you and the progress that you have made. I am sure your attitude had a lot to do with you recovery. Praying that you can continue to improve. Blessings and hugs!!

Hi Ann,

I too am focusing on living a life of thanksgiving and having an attitude of gratitude. Thankfulness is my theme for 2015. Some days are easier than others, but each day is a new day. Good luck!

Blessings and hugs,

Stacey

Ann A. said:

Dear Grace
Thank you for reminding me of my blessings. I am trying to work on my "attitude of gratitude."
I am glad that you recovered these abilities. I am sorry for any remaining issues. But I get the gratitude and the focus on positive outcomes.

What a wonderful thing when the side affects go away or mostly go away. I was lucky that mine went away too. More blessing to you in this year.

Congratulations! I take 22 different pills each day, but my best medicine is GRATITUDE! My Lupus has progressed to needing Benlysta infusions, but each day I live as full as I can. Take care. Peace, Helena.

I have lots and lots of work to do , but am happy with my progess so far. I am not sure I will ever be like I was. But I am trying to see what I can do. Can you tell me your story?

reet said:

What a wonderful thing when the side affects go away or mostly go away. I was lucky that mine went away too. More blessing to you in this year.

Helena , bless your little heart. That is a lot of medicine. Would you be able to tell me about your gratitude journey?

h said:

Congratulations! I take 22 different pills each day, but my best medicine is GRATITUDE! My Lupus has progressed to needing Benlysta infusions, but each day I live as full as I can. Take care. Peace, Helena.

Great good news reminder for all of us Grace. Sad that you had to go through it of course. Thinking of you Kaz x

Thanks Kaz

Grace, if you want to learn more abt how manage your condition to prevent another stroke, do contact our Director of Patient Services , Julie Gibbs. She is a phenomenal lupus survivor…having survived 5 consecutive strokes , 3 of which she flst-lined. COLN was there to support her husband who was by himself here in Las Vegas…and she is very grateful for that support so she is now giving back to other lupies. You can join us on Facebook - our group page ( Colors of Lupus-NV) which is for Q&A, sharing and support AND our page ( colors of lupus nevada) which is strictly for medical, and management skills information for lupus and other Chronic illness.
In Message Julie Gibbs with ur questions if u wish.
Good luck!