My stroke

I am happy to report good news.
I thank all of you who prayed for me.
I suffered for a stroke in July.
When I went to the ER I could not talk.
I couldn’t say my name or anything. It has only been 17 weeks since the stroke. I am able to speak. I am very thankful.
I have plenty of things to work on.
I graduated from speech therapy.
I have so much to be thankful for.
I decided there are something I can’t change.
But I will work on the things I can change.
I thank you all who keep me in your prayers.
My friend Kim, whom I meet here, from life with lupus, was a true blessing to me. She contacted me every day to see how I was. Then the first few weeks, all I could do was answer yes or no questions. I have come a long way.
Thank you Kim for reaching out to me, when I needed it most!!!

Congratulations for your recovery! Must have been very scary. You are courageous to fight through this. Keep the faith and good luck in the future.

Thomas Franklin

Thank you so much!

Congratulations Grace,
Although I don’t post as often as I did a while back, I know how difficult the fight back is. I still have l limited ability to remember things since my stroke, but just think, I never have to watch reruns because they are always new.
Attitude is everything, it sounds like yours really helped you through. Keep the spirit up and keep up the great work!

I’m so proud of you! You are one courageous lady!

Congratulations to you! !keep up the good work!

Will be thinking of you tonight & wishing you the very best.

I am so happy to hear your wonderful news! Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to us all! I will continue to pray for you.

So glad to hear of the progress you are making. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Thank you for my congratulations .
Sounds like you have a great sense of humor, about never having to watch reruns . Thanks for your well wishes . Grace

whathappensinvegas said:

Congratulations Grace,
Although I don’t post as often as I did a while back, I know how difficult the fight back is. I still have l limited ability to remember things since my stroke, but just think, I never have to watch reruns because they are always new.

Attitude is everything, it sounds like yours really helped you through. Keep the spirit up and keep up the great work!

Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers . I really do appreciate it .

Eagle41 said:

So glad to hear of the progress you are making. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Thank you TJ .
I really wanted to be an inspiration for all of you .
So many times it’s easy to get down with lupus . So I figured if I had a success story, I would share it with everyone . Who doesn’t like good news ? Thank you for continuing to pray for me I really appreciate it .

TJ said:

I am so happy to hear your wonderful news! Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to us all! I will continue to pray for you.

Thank you Kaz

Kaz said:

Will be thinking of you tonight & wishing you the very best.

Thank you sweetiepie

sweetiepie65 said:

Congratulations to you! !keep up the good work!

Kim, you are a gift from God. You have helped me so very much. I can’t thank you enough. You have really helping me with comprehension, formulating thought and writing. I think my response time is quicker now. What do you think? Lol I definitely am passed, The one question and one answer. Which would be yes or no. Love you, Grace

Kim said:

I’m so proud of you! You are one courageous lady!

Grace, I am so happy to hear of your continued progress! Keep up the good work and you have my prayers and good thoughts always. Keep us posted!

Love and hugs,

Geneva

Thank you Geneva.
I am so happy with my progress. I will keep up the good work. Thank you for your prayers.Grace

geneva21 said:

Grace, I am so happy to hear of your continued progress! Keep up the good work and you have my prayers and good thoughts always. Keep us posted!

Love and hugs,

Geneva

God Bless you!

Thank you Maria Isabel. May God bless you too!

MARIA ISABEL said:

God Bless you!