Plaquenil

I am still new to this "new" life I have with lupus. I have tried to find some answers online and in blogs but can't seem to find the answer.
I started plaquenil 200mg, once a day, about a month ago.
for the first time in years I was getting my energy back and feeling good!
when I took it up to 400mg a day tho I felt worse. It was like it threw my body back into a flare. I have been tired, wanting to sleep, headaches.
Has anyone else had this happen to them and did you go back to the 200mg or wait it out?

Hi,

I started on 200mg twice a day, took me 7 months to get any improvement. This Rx helps with reducing the amount of flares, it does not eliminate the condition. You will still get flares, but it will reduce the intensity. I would say, stick with it, but be sure to check with your doctor about any side effects you may be feeling.

Good luck, hope you feel better!

I've always heard it would take several months before feeling the difference but I noticed both the good (at 200) and the bad (at 400) very quickly.
Odd
I just felt like I started going backwards when I increased the RX.
I will stick with it but I miss those few wonderful weeks that I actually felt fairly normal.
So did you just feel the same until it kicked in after around 7 months?

No I felt better, but the dramatic thing for me to have all my muscles relax after years of tension. My chiropractor had Ben working on my muscles for months with no results, he was amazed by the change between visits, still talks about it! Also, my blurred vision and brain fog was almost eliminated.
So hang in there, you will still have your bad days, but it will hopefully be better days ahead!