Plaquenil UCTD

I have been taking plaquenil for about 5 months. I have been back at work since the beginning of September. I am still somewhat tired, but am able to make it through a day at work without feeling like a mack truck has hit me. I am not dripping sweat as frequently as I had been two months ago and able to do more before getting completely winded. Could the plaquenil have contributed to improvement in these symptoms?

Absolutely

I’ve been on plaquenil for about a month. I’m so glad to hear it actually may help. After going to doctors for three years, I was finally diagnosed this July. I was starting to wonder if there was any hope of feeling better. I’m so tired of hurting, and feeling like I’ve been working 24/7 in the fields, with no rest. I was beginning to wonder if this was all I had to look forward to in life. I hope this works for me too.

My symptoms were exactly like yours. My plaquenil kicked in a little before 3 months. It’s like night and day. I feel like I have my life back…although always wary that “something” could be lurking around the corner! But for now, a Godsend.

I've been on plaquenil for 2 years and think thats why I don't have as much inflamation. My mouth sores gone. I do have to say my fatigue is worse, but that is the unpredictability of ths wonderful disease. I couldn't work I'm really fatigued. I am scheduled for pulmonary studies. Maybe if they find something there the fatigue will improve. I'm not use to doing NOTHING all day. I hate it.

Good luck, hope you improve.

Cindy

Hello , i have been on it for now 4year's come Feb. ," I love it !! " . Just make sure that you visit the eye doctor ( It does something to the eye's ) . My doctor was trying to take me off totally but i told him , "That is not going to happen , so now i take it every other day" . And it REALLY HELPS and MAKE A DIFFERENCE'S !!! Hope that you have relief and that you'r experience is also a good one . Talk with you later and PAIN FREE !!!... Beverly L.

Beverly

I agree completely with you. I will never go off Plaquenil. My mouth sores are gone I am relatevily pain free. You MUST go to an opthamlogist not just an eye doctor. I have the start of glaucoma but I had that before I started taking plaquenil.

Plaquenil can cause high blood pressure which it did to me, thats managable. Keep track of your blood pressure.

Cindy

Plaquenil was a life savers for me. Have been on it for 7 months now. Started to see major improvements around 4 months in. While I still have rough days, they are fewer and farther between now.

I started on Plaquienl in January and can’t not believe the improvements. I don’t hurt as much and my energy level has returned. It’s like night and day from how I was feeling last year. I still get tired and probably my worst enemy since feeling better I’m wanting to get things done that I put off due to not feeling well. Hope this feeling better continues for you. Hugs and spoons

Hey everyone… Question: I just started plaquenil this month. Does it take a while before you start to feel the positive effects from it?

It does take awhile. For many people, it takes around 6 months to realize the positive effects

Ok. Thanks for responding.

I heard it takes about 3 mos. to kick in. I started feeling a BIG difference a week or 2 shy of 3 mos. Like Sweatpea said, it’s like night and day. Things I haven’t done in years, I was doing them ALL in 1 weekend! Hope you have some great days ahead.

For me, I couldn’t tolerate generic plaquenil as it gave me a nasty rash. Once the rash subsided, I was slowly tirating up using name brand plaquenil. I have been on the full dose for about 5 months

Oh! Am going to keep check and make sure that everything is okay! Lupus will not Win !Talk with you and take care of yourself also…Beverly L.

freightliner said:

Beverly

I agree completely with you. I will never go off Plaquenil. My mouth sores are gone I am relatevily pain free. You MUST go to an opthamlogist not just an eye doctor. I have the start of glaucoma but I had that before I started taking plaquenil.

Plaquenil can cause high blood pressure which it did to me, thats managable. Keep track of your blood pressure.

Cindy

Like i've said , " No way will i STOP " , it work's and understand that it should not be for long term use , because it does effect the eye's BUT without it , I would not be able to do NONE of the thing's that am able to do to this day ... Beverly L. "It is Great ", xoxo

Sweetpea47 said:

I started on Plaquienl in January and can't not believe the improvements. I don't hurt as much and my energy level has returned. It's like night and day from how I was feeling last year. I still get tired and probably my worst enemy since feeling better I'm wanting to get things done that I put off due to not feeling well. Hope this feeling better continues for you. Hugs and spoons

Hi!, well as stated, every person is totally different , so to base it on a time frame is really hard to say . I have been taking it for 4year's in Feb. , and the first month's it kicked in without a problem , i was able to get a some what life back , but that may not be the case for you or other's . My body weight and size played a major part - the tolarents level to meds. , played in this . Hope that you have enjoyment as though i and many other's do ....Beverly L.

TheBoelveds

ai

d:

H
ey everoyne..Quest.. ion: I justts arted ilplaquen this m. Donthoes it take a while before you start to feel the positive effects from it?