Finally some good news

I have been taking the full dose of plaquenil for about 4 months. I finally feel like my energy is returning.

I'm so glad to hear this! I've been taking 400mg of Plaquenil (and Prednisone) every day for almost a month now. I had been sleeping for 15-19 hours a day, and for the past three nights it's been down to 10 hours a night. I don't have a ton of energy but I'm not passing out constantly. Do you think it's possible the Plaquenil is kicking in, or is it too soon?

At 6 weeks, I started to notice some changes

Im glad to hear u have some good news. I was just prescribed this. What side effects have u had as a result?

I’m right there with you. Isn’t it wonderful!!! Goes to show that when you are feeling about as low as you do sometimes, a miracle can happen!

I had been on 400 generic for 2 months when I developed a plaquenil rash. After the rash tee solved, I was slowly weaned to the full dose of name brand medication with no problems

Fantastic news, Roxy! It does take Plaqeunil a long time to kick in. Mine took about 8 months. I still sleep more than normal, but have periods of actually not feeling tired! I still have to be careful not to over-do it though and I have an occasional 17 hr sleep day. I had no side effects from generic Plaquenil.

Hi Roxy!!!! i am STILL taking the full dose (even tough my doctor wants to drop it ), which that is not my decision !!! It feels good to feel 1/2 normal to move j ust a little better - I have been on this med. since 2/7/2011, i am NOT GIVING IT UP.Take care and enjoy the energy... Beverly L.

So glad for you☺

What exactly is the full dose …I’m on 20mg a day

Sorry I meant 200mg

Only been taking it about 2 and 1/2 weeks and feel no difference

I am now taking 400mg It took around 12 weeks for me to notice a difference

As someone else just starting out on Plaquenil (28 days now), I just wanted to thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It really helps to be able to talk to someone who really understands. Thank you, Roxy!

I know what you mean by sharing. Although my husband tries to be understanding, unless you are going through this, you can't really understand.