Painful sleepless nights

Lately I am trouble sleeping due to both shoulders up to elbows hurting when I lay on my sides. Makes my hands tingle. During the day certain ways I move my arms make my shoulders hurt. Also when walking sometimes my right leg seems to want to give out on me and makes me lose my balance. Anyone know why or has anyone had this problem before?

Yes,u are not alone with me its my left side. I was falling so much that. I had to be moved down stairs.

SORRY TO HEAR THAT RACH!! HOPE U ARE FINDING WAYS TO GET THRU IT…ALWAYS SOMETHING, RIGHT?! BUT, AS ALWAY U ARE A FIGHTER & JUT KEEP STAYIN’ STRONG!! LUV YA SWEETIE!! XOXOX SUZIE :0) P.S. PRAYIN’ 4 U ALWAYS…

lupus sucks

Hi Rachel,

I too am experiencing the same issues but just with my left side. The pain starts at the base of my skull and extends across the shoulder and down my arm. My arms and hands tingle and have difficulty holding on to things. Backing up in my car, I use my left arm to steer and the pain is sometimes unbearable. My job requires computer work so I often find my left hand cramps up and aches which is unfortunately decreasing my productivity. This morning I was awoken at 4AM with excruciating pain radiating from shoulders down to hand. My wrists, ankles and hips ache as well. Advil only takes the edge off and I thought for sure I was having a stroke or heart attack. As I sit here typing, the pain is shooting up through my lower back and through my entire left side. My balance is also a bit off especially if I sit for a period of time or first thing in the morning. It is very frustrating and I am sorry you are experiencing the same. Keep smiling :)