Pain in the Leg

Being just recently diagnosed with Lupus and APS, I have gotten pains in my legs. Kindof feels like someone is grabbing ahold of my femurs. It lasts about 30 secs, and it just happens at random. Its kindof weird. And it doesnt affect any other part of my body. Anybody else have this going on?

HI TRAY!

HAPPENS 2ME TOO :( I AS I HAVE TOLD U I ALSO HAVE APS. GOOGLE IT, U WILL FIND IT IS IN THE VASCULAR DISEASE CATEGORY,THUS AFFECTING THE VESSELS IN OUR LEGS, WHICH NOT ONLY CAN CAUSE CLOTS AS THEY TELL US, I HAVE NOT HAD 1 YET,,,(KNOCK ON MY HEAD, LOL) BUT HAVE PAIN A WE SPEAK, SAME AS U DESCRIBE BUT ALSO SOMETIMES LASTS LONG TOO... IT IS THE TYPE OF PAIN U CANNOT DESCRIBE & FOR ME IT WORSENS TO SUCH A SEVERITY DURING THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, THAT MY LEFT CALF TURNS PURPLE & SWELLS!! HAVE METIONED IT MANY X'S, AS IT HAS BEEN GOIN ON 4 MANY YRS NOW! BUT AS ALWAYS IT IS DISMISSED AS HAVE MANY THINGS HAVE B4 TOO, I JUST LEARN TO SHRUG IT OFF.& STAY OFF MY FEET WHEN IT IS REALLY BAD TO LIMIT SWELLING & PAIN....I THINK PERSONALLY AFTER DOING MY OWN REASEARCH THAT IT IS INFLAMMTION AS ALWAYS...MY ADVICE TO U IS TO CALL UR DOCTOR, LISTEN THIS IS ALL NEW 4 YOU & I CAN BE VERY DIFF. THAN U, BUT HAVE THE SAME DISEASE, SO NEVER TAKE A CHANCE, IF U ARE EXPERIENCING PAIN & ANY CHANGE THEN U NEED A DOCTOR & PROBABLY A DOPPLER STUDY DONE ON UR LEGS SO THEY CAN CHK 4 CLOTS OR ANY CHANGES IN THE LEGS... DEFINATLEY CALL, DO NOT FEEL AS IF U R BOTHERING THEM, IT IS UR RIGHT AS THEIR PATIENT & UR RIGHT AS A PERSON! GOOD LUCK & FEEL BETTER, LET ME KNOW! PRAYING & THINKING OF U! KEEP SMILING, :0) SUZIE

Do you mean that sensation that feels like your hips going to fall out of the socket?

Not really. Just like someone is grabbing ahold of my femur like they are trying to snap it. Almost like a death grip. Then it stops and comes and goes. Stops me in my tracks. I cant even walk. Its weird.

Roni said:

Do you mean that sensation that feels like your hips going to fall out of the socket?

I have’t experienced that! It doesn’t sound like fun though. I hope they can figure it out and get you some relief. It always amazes me how many different symptoms there are.

Tray said:

Not really. Just like someone is grabbing ahold of my femur like they are trying to snap it. Almost like a death grip. Then it stops and comes and goes. Stops me in my tracks. I cant even walk. Its weird.

Roni said:

Hi Roni, YES I do get hip issues that r similar like u described also…and YES it is amazing ow different all the symptoms are…SCARY & SAD! Be Well, Suzie :0)

I have that also and it goes into my back. My rhumy said I also have burcitus (sp) along with the lupus. He has givin me cortizone shot and am going to physical therepy for it. I dont see any relief yet but hopefully will soon! Good luck keep us posted!

Actually Roni, that is what I feel like today. Both of my hips are vey sore. Its crazy.

Roni said:

Oh and let me add that, the arch of only my left foot cramps up, it doesnt hurt just feels weird. I have to stretch my foot out to get it to stop.

Today as I stated in my 1st reply is “The Day” that tends to come every darn month, and my left calf is purplish w/ veins inflammed and feels like my leg is being “CHOKED” , my only way to describe it, almost wish I could numb the leg at this time…it hurts BAD! :frowning:

Im sorry. Is there anything you can take for it? Im still confused about what I am aloud to take.

Suzie D. said:

Today as I stated in my 1st reply is "The Day" that tends to come every darn month, and my left calf is purplish w/ veins inflammed and feels like my leg is being "CHOKED" , my only way to describe it, almost wish I could numb the leg at this time.......it hurts BAD! :(

JUST TYLENOL, ASPIRIN AT THIS TIME CAUSES TOO MAY BLEEDING PROBLEMS…:BUT LIKE EVERY OTHER MONTH
I WILL GET THRU IT! HAVE A GR8 DAY! TTYS, SUZIE :0)
Tray said:

Im sorry. Is there anything you can take for it? Im still confused about what I am aloud to take.

Suzie D. said:
Today as I stated in my 1st reply is "The Day" that tends to come every darn month, and my left calf is purplish w/ veins inflammed and feels like my leg is being "CHOKED" , my only way to describe it, almost wish I could numb the leg at this time.......it hurts BAD! :(

I get that a lot too and also cramps in my big toe! So weird… I sometimes wonder if the cramping is caused by lack of movement…since I seem to get them when I’m flaring and I tend to sit with a heating pad for extended periods since it seems to be the only thing that really helps.

Tray said:

Oh and let me add that, the arch of only my left foot cramps up, it doesnt hurt just feels weird. I have to stretch my foot out to get it to stop.

I sometimes get pains near my joints in my legs that feel like someone is sticking a very sharp pointed knife in that spot. The other pains in my legs have to do with water retention, which is a lot of pressure and is really painful when I’ve been standing up for awhile, like when I go shopping.