Never a dull moment!

So here I am all cozyed up in bed with Jason,my kitties and my gigantic oxogen compressor lol. We're getting ready to watch our nightly TV when im feeling a ton of burning, throbbing and pressure from the top of the ankle bone/lower front of shin. I turned on the light an behold I have a superficial blood clot!! I have clusters of them in my lower left leg... Now I had to get my phone to take pics for my Dr's and then a few minutes later another one pops up on the top of my foot!crazyness:/ so now my poor little foot and ankle is red, blue, swollen and hurting... just started plavix last week so im not worried about a DVT but I might call my primary if the swelling gets worse tomorrow... its always something, I just wanted to snuggle and be entertained... oh well , I choose this over another dislocation ANYTIME!

I know this feeling quite well, you never know whats going to happen next. Take it in stride, everyday is an adventure when you have lupus! keeping a good thought for you.

As a nurse, I can tell you that if what is popping up are truly blood clots, despite the plavix…you need to contact your doctor first thing this morning! If you can see those on your leg, then you can bet there are others where you can’t see them. The plavix may not have reached the therapeutic level yet. Regardless…blood clots are very dangerous. If your doctor says he isn’t worried about them when you contact him…and you trust your doctor, then don’t worry about them until he/she does.

Just adding my “voice”…call your doctor asap…Take care

Hi Dawn, That can be one of the side effects to taking Plavix...where you are suppose to call doctor ASP.

I have to tell you that I have had VERY Bad allergic reactions to an injection of cortisone and the doctor just wanted to give me another injection. I refused and he did not want me as a patient. No loss there. My body seems to react differently to meds then the norm.

My past flare up the doctor gave me Meds for Shingles ...even though they were NOT shingles but a lupus photo-sensitive reaction. Doctors are just people trying to do there best but they do not always know what to do. What they do do is prescribe MEDS. I am a firm believer in... when in doubt leave it out. I want the doctor to explain why I should take a med and then do my research. I would always be very cautious in taking a new drug that has not been tested by time. Become your own best advocate..is a must. I wish you the best in finding a doctor who practices First Do No Harm. If you are new to Lupus I highly suggest you find a spiritual path that gives you comfort and strength when the road is rough. I have been healed more then once (without meds) by the Grace of God. I truly do not think I would have made it this far 72 yrs.... without the help from the Holy Spirit.

Thanks friends:) ive been suffering from the this very annoying (genetic) clotting disorder for over 2 years now … I’ve never had a DVT but I do realize it could happen. The swelling in my foot and ankle went down enough today for me to not worry too much, im just left with the dark bruising with the red clot in the middle … I do always call my dr if the swelling/edma lasts more than a day… then I have to have the an emergency venous dopler ultrasound but fortunately they’ve always been negative. Maybe I have a false sense of security but I don’t like to freak out about every , single thing that happens especially when it’s happened so many times before… This time was different because I got 2 at once and they were at the bottom of my leg instead of the top shin and calf. I’ll be fine but promise to call if it gets worse:)

Lol thanks Ann a. :slight_smile: panic means you al care, you guys scare me sometimes too, medically speaking of course!xoxo