Neck pain and headaches, serious

Hi to everyone. I am wondering if anyone else who has had problems with blood clots has ever had one go to a neck blood vessel? I have a history of clots. One side of my neck is sore, a bit swollen and warm, tad of facial swelling and my head aches. Been dizzy off and on, and all this coming after a lung infection. I have had chest pain recently but have no coronary artery disease.

If this is the case, what can be done to help you and what tests would be run? I know they check your legs with doplar. If it needs checking, how soon? Sounds selfish, but I actually get to spend the weekend with my husband. Would rather do something more fun than medical care. Thanks for anything you can share.

They can do a doplar on your neck I do not mean to sound mean but wouldn't it be better to go to the er for a check and find out than have something happen and leave your husband a widow. There are other things that could be causing this.

purplebutterfly, I so agree I'd rather he not be a widower. I went early today. Nerve and muscle pain. That I know how to deal with, but not used to it in that area. Coughing from the lung infection probably stirred things up. Whew! No hospital stay, or complicated treatments. Thanks for responding.

So glad it wasn’t something more serious! It’s much better to be safe than sorry.

I just went to the ER myself (rheumie ordered it) a nd thankfully sent home with too much water on my legs and body. It looked and acted just like when I had a DVT and PE. Turns out it was just a lupus flair. I was so happy I didn’t have to stay, but left very confused about how lupus could mimic other problems so closely

Glad you went to get it checked out and everything was clear.

Thanks gals for replying. hugs!

Sunflower, I'm so glad you got checked and know what it is like to think it could be a clot. Did you ever think you would say with relief it is "just a lupus flare"? Hope your flare comes under control quickly. REST!