Facial flushing

Hi all! I haven’t been on in awhile. I’ve had so much family drama going on.
My dr stopped the cellcept. Right now I’m only on the medrol. Sometimes I want to stop that too and just see what happens. Do I really need all these meds? Are they making me better or worse? I’m not sure if it’s the medrol but my face gets so hot and red like a tomato. It’s soo embarrassing! Is it the CTD or the meds? It’s under my chin and on my chest. Looks like I have severe sunburn at times. I hate it!

I haven't experienced that, but I did start feel like my face was flushing before. I didn't know if it was the lupus, perimenopause or both? I think its a bit of both....

I hd to eventually go to a dermatologist because I started breaking out bad to me I looked it up and noticed it looked exactly like sceraderma in its detail...-but no one will say that. also the dermatologist said yup-looks like lupus-schleraderma so we tried Plaquinill for a month-I go back next week-OMG it helped so much and since I ran out Im getting it back.... its not just red and acne looking to others but it gets hard and bumps under like it is infected-its all weird-as a teenager I Never Had a lot of acne-Im making up for it now- it all sucks-

don't stop looking and searching whats good for YOU, my remedy isn't yours,. but if diagnosis is not hormone related and dermatology doesn't help try and try again... you will find your remedy-it won't be perfect girl but will help ok. Ill pray for you lov glori

I have had that happen. If I have a cocktail it happens, if I get emotional it can happen, and when I went through perimenopause and menopause it happened frequently. I have been post menopausal for several years even though I’m only 43. Lupus caused me to hit perimenopause at 32 so don’t rule out a hormonal cause. Sorry about the drama in your family, I know all about that…lol
Gentle hugs, Annemarie

Ever since my lupus became more active last year I have had a red rash and/ or flushing. I thought it may be the prednisone but I am only taking 3 to 5mg now. I have been on that amount before and never had the flushing so I think it is the lupus. I used to be very pale and wore blush with foundation. Now all I need is foundation. I get more red as the day goes on.

Me too… It gets worse as the day goes on. If I get hot, have a glass of wine, get agitated, it gets worse. Always bad at night. I’m only on 4-6 mg Of medrol.

Hi, I get that too, along with sweating. I found that when it happens, my pulse is super high, or my blood pressure is raised. You might want to check those things if you have a BP monitor or know how to count your pulse. I also get a rash that almost looks like butterfly rash, but the Dr. says it's not. With our bodies doing alien things, its hard to know the cause of many of our strange symptoms. I have been getting this since mid 30s so mine wasn't peri menopause. Do you also have Fibro? I've sure talked to a lot of ladies with Fibro who get the same thing.

Sheila W. said:

Hi, I get that too, along with sweating. I found that when it happens, my pulse is super high, or my blood pressure is raised. You might want to check those things if you have a BP monitor or know how to count your pulse. I also get a rash that almost looks like butterfly rash, but the Dr. says it's not. With our bodies doing alien things, its hard to know the cause of many of our strange symptoms. I have been getting this since mid 30s so mine wasn't peri menopause. Do you also have Fibro? I've sure talked to a lot of ladies with Fibro who get the same thing.

I do have fibro and tachycardia and
High bp. I’ve been suffering from palpitations again recently.

I think you found the reason for your flushing. It's another pain, isn't it? I have fibro & tachycardia but not usually high BP.

Jend719 said:

I do have fibro and tachycardia and
High bp. I've been suffering from palpitations again recently.

I just want to interject… because part of my awareness work includes women’s heart disease. Anyone experiencing palpitations/tachycardia, arrhythmia that you do not for sure know that cause of - I mean a Dr has diagnosed it - please see your Dr and request tests. An echocardiogram is in order, to check for physical defects and to determine whether flow is healthy. They can also find valve regurg with that. I thought mine were totally benign because they are hereditary and all the women in my family have them. They got worse a few years ago, and i had other uncomfortable symptoms. At the time the medical group I had dismissed it and didn’t bother to run tests. . the med group I switched to 2 1/2 yrs ago knew better and immediately sent me for an echo. They saved my life. Please do not dismiss it as harmless without verifying one way or another. If they say it is, but your symptoms change or you ever feel something more is wrong, press for answers. Get a 2nd opinion if you have to. 