Don't know what else I can do!

Went to Rheumy yesterday.. good news is I lost 10 lbs on the diet he put me on in a month. Still a long ways to go.. first the 80lb I gain on Predinsone. Anyways, I was finally weened off of the steroid and put on Mobic, however I had a reaction to the Mobic and now since I am on blood thinners and allergic to sulfa there is no other anti inflammatory that he can give me. He has suggested going back on the prednisone, as of right now I am refusing. Does anyone have any ideas of anything else that I can do ??? Thanks, Bethany

Relafen can be given to those allergic to sulfa And what about the OTC anti-inflammatories like Motrin and Aleve Also sometimes low dose prednisone can help without all the side effects of this drug

well, i am glad to hear that you lost 10 pounds...and sorry to say that I found them: five on the left and five on the right...oy vey.

...have you lost any money?

Hi Poobie,

I am on blood thinners so I can not take Motrin or Aleve... I took prednisone for a year starting at 80mg and finally ending at 2.5 mg. I would prefer not to go back on it due to the effects on my skin and such. .. Thanks

poobie said:

Relafen can be given to those allergic to sulfa And what about the OTC anti-inflammatories like Motrin and Aleve Also sometimes low dose prednisone can help without all the side effects of this drug

Janice,

I am married with 2 kids, yes I lose money everyday.. LOL.. I truly hope you are the one that finds that also. I will try to lose the rest of the weight around someone else next time :) Hope you are feeling better :)

janice said:

well, i am glad to hear that you lost 10 pounds...and sorry to say that I found them: five on the left and five on the right...oy vey.

...have you lost any money?