Bad luck

Well last night I fell in my living room because someone left something in the floor and I trip on it and fell. I hurt my left shoulder. I went to grab the couch and when I did it pulled my arm all the way back. Then I hit the floor. Talk about pain. The doctor thinks I messed up my rotary cuff. This is just great. I swear it is one thing after the other. Why can’t I just go several days without something happening. I feeling kind of stressed and depressed right now. The doc gave me pain medicine and a muscle relaxer. He said come back in a week and my range of motion is not better than he wants a MRI. I hope it is nothing. I go on vacation Sept 10th to Unversal Studios for a whole week. I can’t have my arm giving me issues. Please pray that it heals quickly.

This disease will teach us compassion and patience. After years of getting mad and fighting against lupus, which kept ending me up in the hospital, I had to just go with the flow as much as possible. Anger makes lupus rage worse. I hope your shoulder is healing. I get mucosal ulcers and sores too. I asked my doc for viscous xylocaine. It's thinner than a gel, and you use a Q-tip to rub it on whatever sores are in your mouth. It really helps, but is not long lasting. I especially use it before eating anything.

Hang in there!

Sheila

Hope you are feeling better, and ready for your holiday, it will do you good. I am on holiday at the moment, but just spending it at home decorating. I love decorating it is one of my therapeutic passtimes (I know Im sad).

My Dr. prescribed me codeine phosphate (this makes you feel on a different level, and reduces any pain you are in but also makes you feel so chilled out and relaxed, I take two before bedtime and it totally relaxes me. One of the best things I have ever been prescribed that actually works.

Liz x

lizx, lol...i don't think it's sad to enjoy decorating. art is art

Kim, how are you?

I’m doing okay. Just really tired after work. Thanks for asking.

What do you use for the burning tongue syndrome? My tongue really burns.

Sheila Wall said:

This disease will teach us compassion and patience. After years of getting mad and fighting against lupus, which kept ending me up in the hospital, I had to just go with the flow as much as possible. Anger makes lupus rage worse. I hope your shoulder is healing. I get mucosal ulcers and sores too. I asked my doc for viscous xylocaine. It’s thinner than a gel, and you use a Q-tip to rub it on whatever sores are in your mouth. It really helps, but is not long lasting. I especially use it before eating anything.

Hang in there!

Sheila