Anyone else have issues with disability claims?

I went off on medical leave because I was having issues for months that the doctors couldnt diagnose...they think its fibro on top of my lupus nephritis but not sure...anyways i filed a disability claim through Cigna( my employers insurance) and they denied it!!! Anyone ever have this issue???? I'm so mad! and now i have depression and anxiety!

Hello heath,

There's been quite a few members with issues regarding their disability claims but Lupus is an hidden disease it's more harder to see the disease but member's will answer you in due course but (Angela)-Draginfly got it quite quickly and she'll most likely post.

Depression and the anxiety it's caused you will make your symptoms alot worse, as lupus in general thrieves off these symptoms.

I do wish you all the best with members help.

Love Terri xxx

I have had the same issues I was denied twice and now I am waiting for my hearing. The denial and the waiting process has been extremely difficult to deal with, it causes depression and sometimes makes you wonder if you will ever get it. I hired a lawyer after my first denial so I'm praying that my hearing on the 20th of Sept. is a positive one.

Hi Nu,

I really hope your lawyer can get it for you this time Nu because your going through alot mate all the time and i think it's a bad issue in general. xxx

NuDirection said:

I have had the same issues I was denied twice and now I am waiting for my hearing. The denial and the waiting process has been extremely difficult to deal with, it causes depression and sometimes makes you wonder if you will ever get it. I hired a lawyer after my first denial so I'm praying that my hearing on the 20th of Sept. is a positive one.