Yes....the holidays are approaching quickly...hard to believe! how do they affect u & how do u cope with them when feeling not so up to par?

HELLO MY LIL' FAMILY....

HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT YES, BEFORE WE KNOW IT, WE WILL BE TRICK OR TREATING WITH OUR KIDDIES, GREETING GOBLINS AT OUR DOOR STEPS WITH GOODIES, TURKEYS WILL BE ROASTING AWAY, OR TO-FURKEYS, STUFFING WILL BE BAKED, PIES GALORE, GLUTEN-FREE FOR MANY HERE, ;)

THEN THE PARADE WITH THE ENDING OF GOOD OL' SANTA CLAUSE KICKS OFF THE CHRISTMAS SEASON, HANNUKAH BEGINS AS THE MANURAH IS LIT (SPELLING?), AND THEN WE WATCH THAT BALL DROP AS WE RING IN 2012!! HOLY COW, 2012, WHERE THE HECK DID THAT YEAR GO ANYWAYS?? LOL.... AND BOY, DON'T KNOW BOUT YOU, BUT THE THOUGHT OF IT ALL, MAKES ME FEEL WIPED!! LOL.....;)

SO, I WANTED TO OPEN A DISCUSSION, SO WE COULD EITHER JUST CHAT ABOUT WHAT WE LOVE TO DO FOR THESE SPECIAL HOLIDAYS, HOW WE COPE WHEN FAMILY TIME APPROACHES & WE FEEL LIKE WE WANT TO JUST LAY IN BED W/ THE SHEETS OVER OUR HEADS INSTAED OF ENTERTAINING OR GOING ANYWHERE, FACING THOSE WHO DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW WE FEEL? OR DISCUSS ANY KIND OF TRADITIONS WE MAY HAVE THAT WE CAN SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER?? HECK, MAYBE EVEN SHARE A RECIPE OR TWO!!

I THINK THIS MAY BE A FUN DISCUSSION & HOPE U ALL GET INVOLVED....AFTERALL, WE R A FAMILY HERE, RIGHT?? SO LET'S KICK OFF THE HOLIDAY SEASON TOGETHER!! :0) AT LEAST HERE, WE ALL KNOW, THAT WE ARE UNDERSTOOD.....AND WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER THRU IT ALL!!

{{HUGS}} FROM ME TO ALL OF YOU!!

SUZIE XOXOX :0)

this is a great idea! i will start thinking about it and post later. I love the Suzie Topics!

GOOD, GLAD U LIKE IT JAN! THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR ALL HERE...HAVE FUN WITH IT, LOOKING FORWARD TO WHEN U POST A REPLY...AS U LOVE "SUZIE DISCUSSIONS", "I LOVE JAN'S REPLIES, HECK, I LOVE EVERY 1'S REPLIES", LOL.....{{HUGS}} SUZIE :0)

janice said:

this is a great idea! i will start thinking about it and post later. I love the Suzie Topics!

THAT WAS MY IDEA, TO MAKE IT LESS STRESSFUL FOR US ALL, CAUSE I KNOW IT CAN DO THAT VERY QUICKLY TO US…BUT, NOW WE HAVE HERE TO COME TO, JUST TO LET IT ALL OUT & SHARING RECIPES, WELL, THAT IS A “BONUS”!! :wink: LUV, SUZIE :0) P.S. AFTER 21 YRS. THE HOLIDAYS STILL AREN’T THE SAME W/O MY MOM EITHER! EVEN THOUGH I NOW HAVE MY OWN FAM. , HER NOT BEING HERE & MISSING SEEING HER GRANDCHILDREN & BEING AROUND TO HELP ME & I HELPING HER TOO, MAKES ME SAD TOO, I THINK WE WOULD’VE MADE A GR8 TEAM NOW!!..;(
Rachel Simpkins said:

Definately a great Idea!! My Mom is gone, so is Dad, I only have 2 sisters left, we celebrate the day before,or day

after because Holidays arent the same without Mom. And being sick. Im going to need this topic this year so

I dont stress and get sick like last year....

I do have recipes to share

Hello Suzie, I love the Holidays, especially Christmas, cause I love to give and make people smile and their hearts happy.

Wish me luck, the girls are cooking the Holiday dinner all by themselve for the first time(lol).

I sit outside in the garage and gave out halloween candy, my cousins came over and all I did was grasp the handfuls of candy and give it out, I wasn't cold, but that night I was up until 4a.m. with pain all over my body, I finally took a tylenol3 and went to sleep , and was weak and in pain all of the next day, so I don't know how Thanksgiving and Christmas will go, but I am gonna give it all that I have for my family, cause thats what they do for me. Hey they don't call me "FIGHTER" for nothing, I genuinelly try to live up to it everyday.

I know it will be hard for alot of our lupus family members during the holidays, but be strong, stay prayful, and I want them to know that I am available during the holidays, so email me if I can be of any help.

I will be checking my messages as regular as I can, even though the prednisone has affected my eyesight some.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY AND ENJOY

i am not a big fan of the holidays bc it seems like i never get it right. I always say i am going to chill and have a reasonable season, but end up being stressed in spite of my efforts to remain calm. any suggestions?

yay! this was featured!!

This year all I have to get through in my daughters baby shower and Christmas! I have to work the rest of them.

When my kids were little I always looked forward to the holidays. Dressing up for the holidays was always fun . Now I don’t have the energy to do all the things we used to do. Christmas is just not the same without being woke up by the kids bringing us eggs,toast and some of the worst coffee, ever made. but to me it was the best day ever, christmas carols being played and laughing and singing. Now I don’t have the energy to dress the turkey and all that goes with it. My baby daughter always put the tree up for me now and helps me decorate.I still enjoy when the families come over and visist, but I am exhausted by the end of the day. But is worth it just to spend time with them nd laugh at all the old jokes and take a walk down memory lane. Janice I will be praying with you and for you. I hope all your problems work themselves out and you will be happy once again. Love to you all and may happiness will eventually come.

Hi, and Season Greeting, How is everyone doing ???? Hope that everyone is doing GOOD !!!!! This is a very good topic to talk about , (eventhough this really my FIRST SEASON knowing that i have LUPUS) . I really don't get into any holidays anymore , all of my kids are GROWN and really am in bed during those days for relaxation anyways ... I hope that those of the fsamily and the friends do come and don't stay long - a crowd is just not my thing lately . So maybe am going to say , I am just going to wait and see what happens " , and comment after everything is over.... Beverly L.

P.S. HOPE THAT EVERYONE WHOM CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS ARE CAREFUL AND SAFE !!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE DURING THESE DAYS ... Beverly L.

voce vai conseguir vou rezar por voce.

janice said:

Não estou ansioso para as férias. Eu nunca conseguiu passar por eles sem tristeza - mesmo quando nós (como família) decidiu não comemorar em um esforço para evitar os sentimentos tristes.

Estou super estressado porque não há o que parece ser impossível de se resolver um problema entre um ente querido e eu. Eu me sinto tão sozinho.

Mas talvez isso seja parte do caminho --- parte do Caminho, você sabe. Talvez eu tenha de desistir de tudo - todos os anexos. Exceto a Deus e até a minha compreensão de Deus podem ser impugnados. idk.

talvez as coisas serão diferentes no futuro. Eu me sinto hoje muito triste porque eu não posso fazer as coisas melhor ... e eu tenho sido muito mal hoje. Ir para o tomor doc - ao endochronologist. talvez ele possa ajudar.

Preciso de orações!

e eu vou manter todos vocês na minha

aqui no brasil nao temos dia de açoes de graças parece que é interessante entao aproveitem.

I'm still working on leftover Halloween candy, so I'll wait until my MarthaFreakinStewart gene kicks in about a week before Thanksgiving before I comment on the holiday season. hugs & peace on earth, pjarden

lol on marthafreakin stewrt

Yea, the Martha Freakin' Stewart........comment is very funny, made me smile too...good one!!!!.

Hi !, am wondering what Janice and Marlee were saying - "i can't read or speak this language , and i would like to know to follow the discussion " ... Beverly L.

My grand children are 6, 4, and 1 so I think this year will be really fun...kids are the magic of the holidays. I want to make cookies and candy with then---we love to cook together.

anne i just read your holiday plans and it sounds like you are making a very wise decision--not easy, but very wise. i wish you a day od peace in your resolve and commitment to good health

hey beverly idk what happened there bc i didn't write a post in spanish! lol. I wish I could, but it wasn't me.

Ann, your description of previous Thanksgivings with your family describes the time-honored American tradition of so many families who use the holidays to vent their year-long frustrations on anyone like me who is fool enough to think that an honest question requires an honest response. Whenever I make the effort to fly to NY for Christmas, my brother-in-law, Rich, the only one I know who is still proud of campaigning for Nixon during the Vietnam War (in which two of my oldest brothers were drafted), never fails to ask me about my comparatively bleeding heart opinion on whatever political teapot is brewing at the time. During the Bush years it used to be somewhat good-natured, if a little smug. But when it looked like Obama might take the White House, he was so outraged that, stone-cold sober, he started on me at my little sister's open-casket wake.

This shocked my whole family since Rich is otherwise good-natured and the Welsh have the better tradition of never ruining a good excuse to drink with any talk of politics or religion. We quietly vote and go to mass, whether we like it or not, and reserve our resentments to the lifelong and very personal. The only respectable way to break up one of our somber ceremonies or fiesty festivities is to drink so much that a decades-old resentment about which son had it the worst under the old man surfaces and a fistfight erupts, blood is spilled and emergency personnel are summoned. Ah, there's no place like home for the holidays.

This song's for you, Ann, if you start to feel guilty about not participating in the Friday Night Fights Nightly of Thanksgiving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMh8orMNqc&feature=colike