Sweating all tge time

Does anyone else have a hot feeling body? I sweat so much I can't stand it !

I do sometimes. I get embarrassed by the wet sweat marks on my scrubs so I put a scrub jacket on and then it gets worse… I think it’s part of the disease? I never sweat like this before.

I get a cold sweat a lot. Mostly when I move around at all. I told my doctor but he did not comment. I overall have a hard time with my body temperature. I am either cold or hot.

Hi Michele

I stay hot all the time I have used baby powder some. Have you had your thyroid checked? My doctor seems to think it is a sign that thyroid problems will arise later in life.

Yes I do have hasimotos but they say my levels are fine

purplebutterfly said:

Hi Michele

I stay hot all the time I have used baby powder some. Have you had your thyroid checked? My doctor seems to think it is a sign that thyroid problems will arise later in life.

Michelle,

I too have a hard time with my body temperature. I'm usually either very hot and sweating all over, or very cold with blue/purple fingers and toes. I will say that I've been having hot flashes for over 10 years, but these days, it seems so much worse than it used to.

Sweating is a major problem for me. The docs advised me it is my antidepressant, thyroid, and weight. I cannot go out in public in the heat without sweat pouring from my head. People will ask if I am okay or need to sit down. It is embarrassing to use the mobility carts in stores because I am overweight and people stare like I am doing it because I am lazy. Actually, I doing it to keep from sweating and passing out, and pain issues.

I am strongly considering stomach surgery for weight loss. I am seeing an Endocrinologist today about the thyroid (have been seeing Internist for it). Hopefully, there is some help in my future. Hang in there!

My body temperature won’t regulate and because I also have Raynauds I’ll been body hot and freezing toes

I sweat horribly, and am usually almost always hot when others aren't. But I can't tell if it's a contribution of Lupus or genes I inherited from my dad.lol...

Yes I sweat horribly. It drenches my hair, even when it's cool outside. SO embarrassing.

My body heat and sweating seems to be getting worse lately, worsening even more while I sleep. My doctor thinks it may be my pain meds causing it (although I never even thought it could possibly be my antidepressant, will have to look into that) so there really isn’t the option to stop taking that prescription unfortunately. Does anyone else get worse in their sleep?

It seems like the heat centers around my head and neck when I’m sleeping. I literally have to flip my pillow over every half hour or I’ll sweat buckets…not cute, trust me. You can hover your hand a few inches over my pillow and feel heat radiating off of it. I already have the ac low and two fans on me while I sleep too but still no relief. So I was thinking about getting one of those cooling pillows that are popping up everywhere. Has anyone had any experience with any of those pillows? I don’t really want to spent a buncha money on something that doesn’t really work.

I do have a friend who has always had a sweating problem because of genetics, not illness or medication related. She ended up getting Botox injections in her underarms and says it was the best pain she’s ever endured because it really helped. Other than the pain it does have a drawback in that it only lasts about a year but she says it is worth it.

I’ve wondered if the supplements marketed towards women with hot flashes might help those of us with body temperature issues that aren’t related to menopausal hot flashes. Has anyone else thought about those supplements or better yet, tried them?

I get unexpected night sweats. Might be change of life?

Your meds might also be to blame. I know that Cymbalta can make some people sweat buckets full of prespiration (okay, slight exaggeration.) You might want to check each med's side effects...I look on the net as the less common effects are also noted

Hi Pooh! Like you, I am heavy and use a mobility cart. I do worry about the reactions I'll get, like you do, but people have been kind. I also always have my cane with me, riding "shotgun" in the scooter!

Here is a tip: I find that if I smile, people don't hassle me. When little kids stare or ask questions, I smile and gently explain a bit to them. Of course, if you are fatigued, stressed or in pain, you may be in no mood to smile. But I found it works for me.

PoohP said:

Sweating is a major problem for me. The docs advised me it is my antidepressant, thyroid, and weight. I cannot go out in public in the heat without sweat pouring from my head. People will ask if I am okay or need to sit down. It is embarrassing to use the mobility carts in stores because I am overweight and people stare like I am doing it because I am lazy. Actually, I doing it to keep from sweating and passing out, and pain issues.

I am strongly considering stomach surgery for weight loss. I am seeing an Endocrinologist today about the thyroid (have been seeing Internist for it). Hopefully, there is some help in my future. Hang in there!

Does anyone else have to have blanket on one half of body, from shoulder to toes, with other half uncovered? I have to do this or am too uncomfortable to sleep. Maybe just a bad habit?

1 Like

yeah Michelle, Most of us do. I actually thought your discussion was the same one from a little while ago. If you go to the empty box in the top right corner and type "sweating", you'll see a lot of discussions about this.

Wow Petunia, interesting to meet someone else who does this too! I thought it was just me.

I have terrible night sweats (I’m well past menopause) and have found out it’s my lymphatic system. It is inflamed. I also have Raynauds in my hands and feet.