Starting Methotrexate - I am very hopeful!

I just finished a week of Medrol and felt great! Most of my symptoms were gone after the first day on it. Didn't have the usual nightly fevers, vasculitis stopped, had way more energy and I didn't have to go to bed at 7:30 every night. I was up til 10 pm!! I felt so good!!

Had my last dose (1 pill) on Sunday and yesterday I already felt weaker and more tired. I am starting to get the vasculitis itch as well. My doctor started me on Methotrexate this morning and gave me a refill on the Medrol to take until the MTX kicks in. I am really hopeful that this med will work and I will get my life back. I am also taking plaquenil (for a few years now) and started on Procardia a couple of weeks ago to help me with my severe Raynaud's. It hasn't helped a whole lot mostly because I can only take a tiny dose as my blood pressure is very low to begin with.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with my questions in the past. I will keep you guys posted on the effectiveness and side effects of the methotrexate.

Andi J

Good luck!! It worked great for me

I dont know if your doing pills or injection, but i did much better with the injection.

Good luck!! Keep us updated!

Glad to hear you’re doing so well! Keep it up!

Good luck I’m hoping to start in the next few months… I have some other health issues that have to be addresses doesn’t

Make sure you take the vitamin B that is recommended by the drug!!! And get your levels if that B tested!