Rash

thank you all for advice and input. with my racing mind i cant seem to remember anything so some of you may have already answered this so bare with me.

does everyone with lupus have a rash - does everyone have the butterfly rash.

i often feel like i have a fever and the sickly feeling but when i take my temp is actually below normal. i also sweat profusely even in the winter time

my feet burn, tingle and throb, i do have joint pain in every joint, but there is no redness or swelling. i often feel like body parts are swollen like my feet and hands and they feel really tight, especially at the end of the day.

i have dry eye but when i wake up in the morning my eyes hurt, are swollen and i have eye pain a lot (have an appointment for eye exam this week) also vision problems that come and go - like sometimes when i look at things they look distorted or the colors of things may be more vibrant.

i often have a sore throat and sores in my mouth and nose and my teeth are falling out.

is this normal signs and symptoms of lupus, i have looked on the computer but i get so confused, thanks for your input, kel

Hi Kelly

I don't have a lupus rash, which is dangerous because the effects of the sun are invisible to me. My photosensitivity is internal. My feet and the swelling and pain I first experienced is what brought me to my diagnosis and is still a big issue for me. I lost most of my teeth, and have always had problems with my teeth. I get a fever feeling, and I get hot and cold. I drive my husband crazy kicking the covers off one minute then grabbing them all again the next minute.

We have http://www.sjogrenssyndromesupport.org/ that you might want to investigate....

wow, i have been given so much misleading information from my gp, he said i didnt have rash so i dont have lupus, and what you described with bedtime is the same, i freeze my husband out then im freezing the next minute. thanks so much

I think 20% of lupus patients don't experience a rash. There are many of us that have low blood pressure, and I thought that was interesting as well. Not sure if its a coincidence or what, just thought it was something to take note of.

can you tell me what the signs of internal photosensitivity - i tested negative for sjogrens

Trisha said:

I think 20% of lupus patients don't experience a rash. There are many of us that have low blood pressure, and I thought that was interesting as well. Not sure if its a coincidence or what, just thought it was something to take note of.

I can only tell you how it affects me, when I'm out in the sun - then I get totally exhausted and feel like a wind up toy, that runs out. I have to go lay down, and I fall asleep within minutes.

ya me too

Trisha said:

I can only tell you how it affects me, when I'm out in the sun - then I get totally exhausted and feel like a wind up toy, that runs out. I have to go lay down, and I fall asleep within minutes.

I was diagnosed 6 years ago and never had the butterfly rash until this month. Rheumy says the blood work looks good so I'm just applying hydro cortisone cream and hoping it will subside soon. Also sleeping more than usual. Trying to remind myself to wear a hat and sunscreen even on cloudy days.

isnt that something and i cant get an answer other than "borderline Lupus" and no treatment cause i havent had a rash -

Eva G. said:

I was diagnosed 6 years ago and never had the butterfly rash until this month. Rheumy says the blood work looks good so I'm just applying hydro cortisone cream and hoping it will subside soon. Also sleeping more than usual. Trying to remind myself to wear a hat and sunscreen even on cloudy days.