Does anyone have lupus without the rash or skin problems?

Just curious? I’m hispanic and olive complexion. I have mild case at this point. I have been noticing bumps in my scalp, but no rash on face or chest or problems with the sun. Is this unusual, the internist was not concerned because I didn’t exhibit those symptoms, but I do have painful joints everyday of my life that I have learned to live with and extreme fatigue and recently noticed a lot of hair falling out, also a few Weeks ago chest pain that freaked me . It last about trip Weeks on and off, I can jog 5 miles so I didn’t get too concerned, but it was only when I took a deep breath in. I thought it was stress related, it has since gone away.

Many don't have the rash so not at all unusual

I have the skin rash all over my legs and arms but now my face(so far) i also have lichen planue i've had the lichen planue for a couple of years but tested positive for lupus only 2 months ago. started on plaquenil about 3 weeks ago for my hair loss and i think it is working. i take glucosamine for ostoearthrytis in the knees and that is a miracle drug. I am not sick at all my biggest complaint is fatigue but my thyroid is hypo so mny pcp just increased my levothryoxin. and that is starting to help. so many meds don't interact well because i am also on coumadin. I sound like i am a wreck but i am lucky i still work at my own small business selling consignment formal wear and doing special occasions alterations. I won't give up!!!

freightliner

I have never had the classic lupus rash on my face but when I’m in a flare I will get bug bite like bumps on the lower part of my body. I will also break out in hives if I’m in the sun without sunscreen on. Good luck to you!

Love,
Renee

Hello Cheetah_Spirit,

You still need to get bloods done to see if you are Lupus related and alot of people don't always have skin issues it can be just SLE involvement.

I have the pumps on my head but that's through my DLE...worry can cause it or a flare in general.

Regarding your aching though in your body and then your chest pain...your still over doing your body by a 5mile jog, where Lupus is concerned your daily life as to be paced to how your body can cope and that one off chest pain may of just been a warning saying this is to much slow down, as it could be over doing your lungs and chest.

You may learn alot about Lupus from this link which i've added to 2 discussions already.

http://www.oocities.org/hotsprings/spa/9534/facts3p.html

Terri :) xxx

I am also hispanic and have a more tan complexion. I have not had any rashes or skin problems either. However my doctors believe they caught the lupus very early on and as time passes it could still get worse. Thank you for adding this as I had the same question and just joined LWL.
Ilee :slight_smile:

Hello ilee,

I'm from the UK and my parent's was fare skinned and both my sisters...yet i've carried a tan skin from a child, it seems odd but actually the genes from Lupus can actually cause this...it's called pigmentation to the skin.

Love Terri :)

ilee said:

I am also hispanic and have a more tan complexion. I have not had any rashes or skin problems either. However my doctors believe they caught the lupus very early on and as time passes it could still get worse. Thank you for adding this as I had the same question and just joined LWL.
Ilee :)

I am spanish, and have skin that is so white I practically glow in the dark :)

Mine started in my scalp too. I don't get the full butterfly rash on the face, but I do get big red welts that turn into rash on my right cheek bone when I am about to have a bad flare (good warning system). I have little sores on my legs, and rash on my hips. I don't know what it is, but hopefully the new Rheumy I am going to see will help with that.

I am very fair and don’t get the rashes yet but do get bumps on my scalp and below my ears an a random few on my face. If I squeeze or scratch any of them they swell and become very painful.

Hello Cheetah_Spirit,

How are you feeling now since you added your discussion...an update when possible would be nice to hear how your getting on.

Love Terry xxx