Prednisone and Plaquenil

Hi Everyone

I have been struggling with my symptoms the past few weeks. I have had increased joint pain, fevers, increased stiffness some days walking hurts, fatigue and mood change.

My rheumatologist was working in the ER on Sunday and I told her how I was feeling. So now she has added Prednisone with Plaquenil. I have been really nauseated and feel really fatigued.

Has anyone had similar symptoms. Really getting discouraged. I was finally getting back to the gym 3 x/ week and now I am back at square one

Hope everyone is well

Charmaine

sounds like me recently i don't want to take steroids though. mine is a flare from stress. I've started losing a lot of weight suddenly too. good luck!!

Well I have put off steroids for 2 years, but my symptoms just worsened. I am sure my flare up is stress, fatigue from my job. I have been going to the gym because I want to lose weight. The weight is not coming off, not sure what the trick is.

So does stress cause flare-ups

Taesra said:

sounds like me recently i don't want to take steroids though. mine is a flare from stress. I've started losing a lot of weight suddenly too. good luck!!

Sounds so much like myself.. I am now taking plaquenil 200mg 3x a day and prednisone 5mg once a day. Doctor says because my joints hurt so bad all the time that this will be my routine, unless I get worse then I will have to be put on Methotrexate. But my dosage seems to help me quite a bit, if I can just quit falling down.. just clumsy lately. If you only take one plaquenil pill I would try taking it at night, it really does help with the yucky feelings..

HI I COULD NOT HELP BUT WRITE YOU PREDISONE IS A 2 EDGE SWORD. IT MAY TAKE THE PAIN AWAY BUT, THE SIDE EFFECTS SOMETIMES ARE WORSE THAN THE PAIN. DIABETIC, CALCUIM DEPLETION. AND MORE CUSHING SYNDROME.

CHECK IT OUT PLAQUENIL I JUST DO NOT REMEMBER. BUT, I DO HAVE A PAIN MGR DOCTOR.

HE IS FROM AUSTRAILA AND I FANTASTIC. (EXCUSE MY SPELLING) I AM EXHAUSTED FROM TAKING CARE OF MY MOTHER.

IF YOU COME TO SOUTHER CAL. I RECOMEND THIS PAIN MGR DOCTOR.

CALLME 909 244=9014 BLESSINGS TO ALL OF US!!!