Pain is unbearable

I was having a great day yesterday and then last night the pain kicked in with a vengeance. I can not take this pain anymore. I have been taking my tramadol everyday now and it is not even touching this pain. I try so hard to stay positive and remember it will be gone in a few days, but in the meantime I just want to die. I hurt so bad I can not even rest which only complicates things. My COBRA ended, I have no insurance, no money (literally $13 in my account), and no relief in site. I know I am just venting, but I needed to vent in a place I knew I would be understood. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

I am so sorry you are going through this. Thank you for sharing.

::hugs gently:: Hang in there hon. We're right there with you. Remember that you aren't alone in how you feel!

The pain receptors in the body share information with hot and cold…if you could put ice packs on then a hot towl…you will get relief…also call your doctor. …you need support for this flare…they have samples and cheap meds…god bless…ill pray for you…

Praying for you!!

I'm so sorry that you are hurting so bad my prayers are with you. Praying for a big relief!

Big Hugs!
Carol

Try applying heat, when pain meds don't stop the pain heat helps.

I am with you and I am so sorry. I to have these issues and still would want to take your pain for you. So u could have a pain free life. My thoughts and hugs go out to u . Ever need to vent look me up. We ALL NEED TO VENT …LIVING WITH PAIN AND NO FUNDS

I totally understand what you are going through. Don’t give up and find that strength within to move forward exhausting all resources available to you. You can look for affordable insurance on Heath insurance marketplace. I am not sure when open enrollment begins again. I will keep you in my prayers. Gentle hugs.

Praying for you honey, Tramadol didn’t do a thing for me either, hang in there, we’re fighters!!

Hello… i truly understand your pain… unfortunately i havent been able to get my meds… no resources at all… i take over the counter meds when i can for pain…

What helps me deal is prayer… and a promise that i made to myself…

I made a promise to get a great relationship with Grace…
I met her when God granted me Mercy over my life time and time again.

I tell my self that I am not Lupus… Lupus is just a Unwanted house guest…and everyone either knows someone who has one… are is dealing with one…

Knowing that… i try to make Lupus feel very comfortable by telling my self its going to be okay…

Since it want to set up shop and attack each other being in my blood stream… i monitor what i eat and what might set it off…

I listen to my body and what it craves…
If it dosent need it… i give small portions and overload it on what it needs…

Its basically playing on the field that you own …while taking back control… you can do this… tell your body… you love it… embrace yourself in the mirror and tell yourself its okay … i know it might sound like babble… but im doing this without support of not even one… and when i realized i wasnt the first.that i could help someone get through this… i decided to relax and let flow…
Love you where you are… laugh today… cry today…it dosent matter what you choose… but always remember… you are someones life …Be encouraged… everything is gonna be alright…~Tae

Prayers on the way! We all know how you feel!

Thank you all! What a blessing to wake up to all this support. You all are the best! I am so thankful for this group! I got a good, long nights rest. Praying today will be a better day!

Do you have a clinic in your area. They charge on a sliding scale. You can also go to the er

Hi, so sorry that you are struggling right now. Praying that God speaks into your situation. That you feel His peace, strength, comfort and direction. Praying that He opens the right doors for you to get the financial and medical help that you need. May He put people in your life to bless you and help meet your immediate needs. Hugs and blessings!!

Hi TJ - I'm so sorry for your pain. Its frustrating how unpredictable this disease it! Some suggestions, when my pain starts flaring up, I up the prednisone dose. Prednisone is the only thing that stops the pain for me. If its my bad knee that is specifically in pain (like when I get so bold as to walk the dog a quarter of a mile), I take tylenol and sit with an ice pack on the knee. That seems to help.

For your insurance, in almost all states (except a few that ignored the needs of their uninsured population) you should be able to get health insurance through the Affordable Care Act. Try going to www.healthcare.gov and see what you qualify for. If you have no income, in many states you can get insurance at no charge to you. That's what I did when my COBRA ended and I have a good policy now. But, now my unemployment has run out....disability hasnt been approved...savings are used up.... its never ending, right?

One safety net you have is a hospital emergency room - they will not refuse to care for anyone regardless of their ability to pay. Yes, you will get a bill but you can work with the hospital billing department to apply for charity care, or just dont pay it. They'll send you to collections but I don' think unpaid hospital bills will hurt your credit score. At least that way you could get prednisone.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

I don't have much to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said, BUT try taking Epson Salt baths with lukewarm water. Heat sometimes helps when other things don't. Also, if you belong to a church, maybe they can help you. If not, go to the ER as mentioned, also check with your local health dept., and maybe you would qualify for help, like food stamps and things while things are so bad for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Feel better.

Tramadol is worthless.The vet prescribed it for my dog after he had a minor surgery, Didn't even scratch the surface. Keeping him quiet worked better. As my pulmonologist says, "if you're going to give a patient a pain pill, prescribe a real one, not Tramadol." I wasn't supposed to do this, but I doubled-up on Tramadol once and decided that aspirin and tylenol work better. The drug is a waste. Try some tyelenol arthritis slow release. It's OTC. It really helps me in the daytime for the lupus sludge pain and I can still drive.

Don't know your state. You should be eligible for Obama care. Hope you don't live in Texas (so backward). Texas chose to opt out of budgeting for Medicaid so it may take longer to kick in cause the Feds have to supply the Medicaid. If you're in Texas, they do have free clinics. Please take care of yourself. And, in this process, don't take no for an answer. Exhaust all resources. You may be eligible for disability and SSI also.

I pray that you embrace being proactive. You are your own best advocate.

You got to hold on.

I have been having the same problems. I don’t know what helps. I agree tramadol does nothing. As for not paying hospital bills, once it goes to a collection agency outside of the hospital, it does affect your credit rating. I have tried embrol, tramadol, and others I can’t pronounce let alone say. Prednisone seems to be the only thing that can even touch the pain. Saying prayers for you.

Thanks everyone! Feeling a little better. I have a big weekend planed so I’m really trying to rest up.
USAGURL- I live in Texas. Obamacare “said” I do not make enough money to qualify for any of the marketplace plans, but they won’t fine me for not having insurance. I have applied for disability, waiting in a hearing now.