My speech and actions aren't keeping up with my brain?

Hi Lisa
I can relate to everything you said. And sometimes I feel so frustrated with it because I know I’ve made a poor impression. I’ve found I’ve stopped telling stories or sharing about stuff because I have so much trouble getting it out. I told my doctor and the answer is always - that’s just part of lupus. But that doesn’t stop it from being hard to get used to. Feeling for you!

Jen

Terri,

What a nice neighbor. I hear you I just got my flu shot because I had to wait for the inactive virus as I was on cellcept for a few months. Now its just the methotrexate and prednisone. I am really sorry you are feeling puny. I hope it passes as quickly as it can. sending prayers and love your way XXOO

Tez_20 said:

Hello Julie,

Well i am pleased nothing come of the test mate that is a huge relief and i am pleased where that's concerned....so instead your mind still gets lost like we all with the fog and i do find it a pain..i mean i'm born and breed english but i mays well be a foreigner when talking.:) LOL

Julie i've got a bad flu virus lung infection which is'nt helping but my god it plays your gut up bad with pain and spreads down my legs besides a terrible headache and i always set to alarms of a morning for 8-30am i'm sleeping over the neighbour next door as add it 5wks and ste brought the virus into the home and he's had it weeks carrying the virus....as soon as it's gone mate i'm off down the doc's for the flu jab.

Love you loads...HUG Terri xxx

Julie said:

Hey Terri

They tested me about 10 years ago. I am clear. Thats when we figured out it was just brain fog but man it was strange. How are you doing these days? Feeling any better? XXOO julie

Hay Lisa, HA!HA!HA! that the LUPUS brain fog !!! smile we've all had /have this crazie thing to happen to us from LUPUS !!!! It will go and come whenever , but hay! just explain that it's a LUPUS thing and hopefully he and the family will understand . It won't last for long ( for me sometimes a day at the most 2 , but now i laugh at myself with everyone else ) . It will happen sometimes , so just add it to the closet of LUPUS things . Talk about- Delayed response !!!HA!HA!HA!... Beverly L.

Hello Julie,

I don't blame you having the flu jab but yet again that carries the virus and when i have it..i pass the virus to ste he breaks out in a full cold then i get it bad but as long as it happens before xmas i'm not bothered.lol

Julie i'll recover like everyone else it just leave my lungs weaker that's all but otherwise i hope your doing ok and also your having a nice pleasant weekend.

All my love to you Terri :) xxx

Julie said:

Terri,

What a nice neighbor. I hear you I just got my flu shot because I had to wait for the inactive virus as I was on cellcept for a few months. Now its just the methotrexate and prednisone. I am really sorry you are feeling puny. I hope it passes as quickly as it can. sending prayers and love your way XXOO

Tez_20 said:

Hello Julie,

Well i am pleased nothing come of the test mate that is a huge relief and i am pleased where that's concerned....so instead your mind still gets lost like we all with the fog and i do find it a pain..i mean i'm born and breed english but i mays well be a foreigner when talking.:) LOL

Julie i've got a bad flu virus lung infection which is'nt helping but my god it plays your gut up bad with pain and spreads down my legs besides a terrible headache and i always set to alarms of a morning for 8-30am i'm sleeping over the neighbour next door as add it 5wks and ste brought the virus into the home and he's had it weeks carrying the virus....as soon as it's gone mate i'm off down the doc's for the flu jab.

Love you loads...HUG Terri xxx

Julie said:

Hey Terri

They tested me about 10 years ago. I am clear. Thats when we figured out it was just brain fog but man it was strange. How are you doing these days? Feeling any better? XXOO julie

Yes, I totally get this, started really noticing it 3 or 4 years ago (age 22!) along with some episodes where I feel frantically frustrated/irritable and unfocused (like my brain is doing the equivalent of itching, or something.) neuropsychiatric complications are REALLY common in lupus, but really commonly ignored or misdiagnosed as well! According to my reading, it is often a different set of symptoms or lupus subtype from the internal organ activity, so someone like me getting called a “mild” case due to no internal organ involvement, may have more severe impairment and even major risks (like stroke & seizure) without appearing severe by the testable markers. We all know how they want us to show positive on tests and just don’t listen sometimes about our most bothersome symptoms… Plus, all those things we can’t get out to explain right!

Here’s a good website explaining more details: http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_magazineempty.aspx?articleid=2965&zoneid=225

Hi Brynn,

Thank you for your imput...as this also helps members to understand what is going on with Lupus besides.

Terri :) xxx

Brynn said:

Yes, I totally get this, started really noticing it 3 or 4 years ago (age 22!) along with some episodes where I feel frantically frustrated/irritable and unfocused (like my brain is doing the equivalent of itching, or something.) neuropsychiatric complications are REALLY common in lupus, but really commonly ignored or misdiagnosed as well! According to my reading, it is often a different set of symptoms or lupus subtype from the internal organ activity, so someone like me getting called a "mild" case due to no internal organ involvement, may have more severe impairment and even major risks (like stroke & seizure) without appearing severe by the testable markers. We all know how they want us to show positive on tests and just don't listen sometimes about our most bothersome symptoms... Plus, all those things we can't get out to explain right!

Here's a good website explaining more details: http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_magazi...