Lupus Center at Johns Hopkins

I have never been to that hospital; however I did doctor at Good Samaritan Hosp which is also located in Baltimore, Maryland. I had a wonderful Rheumotologist by the name of Marcia Schmidt,M.D. I now doctor at West Virginia University (because it's closer to my area) with Dr. Colleen Watkins. Although she is very young that I felt like I was being examined by one of my daughters past babysitters; however to my surprise, she is very intelligent and very knowledgable about Lupus; and that is key. Also very kind and sympathetic to my concerns and problems.

I too saw a Rheumatologist at God Samaritain Hosp. Balt Md. I saw Dr. Jill Ratain. Not impressed though. I saw her 6m. She prescribed Plaqunil. It didn't work. I still have lots of pain in my jiont/muscles. She simply gave on me, she it must be stress. She then prescribed hot water therapy for my pain. OMG! I understand that stress can cause pain, however, I also have other "Lupus like" sypmotms. I don't recommed her. I fell like she judged me, big time.

Hi
I am new to this sight and can’t believe what I am reading. She is my current doc and I am on the hunt for a new one because I feel the exact same way you do!!! Problem is she is part of that whole Hopkins group who are supposed to be the best around this area so how do you change if they are maybe in the same office??? Have you found new doc yet??? Do you live in md. ??

Hello Connie,

If she was a young teenager as long as your getting good treatment and respect where your Lupus is concerned that's the main thing to focus on and i so pleased she's also near you for treatment.

I wish you the best of Luck Terri xxx

Hello Connie,

I have been to Hopkins twice, this was before I knew the reason that I could not get over the car accident was autoimmune diseases. The surgeon I saw there was the nicest of men. I have not been to their Rheum. Dept, but have read stellar reviews on it. I also travel to WV for a Rheum. He is asst prof at WV Univ. Who knew this little, once backward state, would have such great Doctors, BTW the City Hospital in Martinsburg is in the process of becoming a teaching hospital, which puts my Doc in at the beginning stages of this. Big things to come with this!

Wishing you the best, glad to know you found your Rheum. We must live near each other!

Hugs,

SK

I just started seeing Dr. Mizelle from Good Samaritan! I love her! I was even able to call her office to let her know I wasn’t doing good and she called me directly and helped me out. I have only seen her twice but the first meeting she diagnosed me with SLE and fibromyalgia and not RA as I have been told before by other Drs I have seen. She even called in to my primary care to be seen by another dr so I wouldn’t have to go to their office run over with flu patients! I can’t say enough great things by my two meeting with her.

I see Dr. Michele Petri at Johns Hopkins since I was diagnosed with lupus glomerulonephritis in 2008. I believe she is a life saver. She is head of the department who treats lupus patients. I live in Fredericksburg, VA and travel to Baltimore just to see her. I feel that I would not be here if it were not for her. I have stage IV and so far, I have not had a major flare-up in 5 years. I have also talked with other patients of hers and I truely believe, she has saved their lives. Also, she is accessible 24 hours a day. You e-mail her and shortly afterword, you get a response directly from her.

Queenie said:

Hi
I am new to this sight and can't believe what I am reading. She is my current doc and I am on the hunt for a new one because I feel the exact same way you do!!! Problem is she is part of that whole Hopkins group who are supposed to be the best around this area so how do you change if they are maybe in the same office??? Have you found new doc yet??? Do you live in md. ??