Had a bad day today

Today has been dreadful! woke up with a pounding headache and my back and neck hurt really bad as well. Finally shook a little of the pain off, to get a fever. Been coming and going all day. And I’ve been puking everything I eat up. Plus the feeling like I’m gonna pass out at any moment! All I want to do is sleep! But of course I can’t. :frowning: is this considered a flare? Any advice on what to do? Please! Anything will help!

hey, i am sorry you are feeling this bad---it sounds like you should see a doc today...how high is your fever? it might be a horrible flu...my daughter's whole household had it. my grandson had to stay in the hosp for two days bc his fever wouldn't drop.

Please let me know how you are doing...you will be in my prayers

Ty. And I couldn’t see a doc today. Had to work. And have to work the rest of the week. I’ve already taken so many days off that I can’t afford to take anymore. So I’m miserably making it through each day. And I don’t think it’s the flu. I’ve been getting fevers everyday around the same time for a few weeks. And I also get very light headed and dizzy around the same time too. Today was just worse than it has been normally. I’m trying so hard to get through this, but it seems like each day is harder than the one before. I’m waiting on my test results to come back, so they hopefully can figure out whats wrong with me and can make me feel normal again. I’m only 23! I shouldn’t always be in pain! :frowning: I’m just getting so fed up that idk if I should break down and cry, or to be angry! :frowning:

janice said:

hey, i am sorry you are feeling this bad—it sounds like you should see a doc today…how high is your fever? it might be a horrible flu…my daughter’s whole household had it. my grandson had to stay in the hosp for two days bc his fever wouldn’t drop.

Please let me know how you are doing…you will be in my prayers

Puking is bad. I agree with Janice, you should NOT be working. Get to the doctor. If you push yourself, you’ll end up in the ER and not be able to work anyway. Some of your symptoms could be from lack of nutrition along with pushing yourself too hard. If you do have a chronic illness, you can NOT force your body to do stuff. Get help from friends and family. Hon, get your priorities straight, your health is the MOST IMPORTANT thing, NOT your job. Please get help and get some rest.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling bad, I agree with Janice if not today please see a doc asap. If you are having a flare pushing yourself will only make it worse. I know all to well that wanting to break down and cry or be angry feeling. You should rest because if you don't the Lupus will make you rest whether your work schedule says you have to work or not. Worshipgirl is right YOUR health is the most important thing at this point. I'm praying for you and hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys. I’m a stubborn person and trying to not let this affect my life. But I feel better today. Still puking sometimes but not as much. My job has been working with me by giving me easy jobs. I have a doc appointment on friday. Thats when I will get the results of my blood work. Hoping for the best. And maybe it wont be lupus. Ty everyone for listening to

My complaining and your support.

Tiffany89 said:

Thanks guys. I’m a stubborn person and trying to not let this affect my life. But I feel better today. Still puking sometimes but not as much. My job has been working with me by giving me easy jobs. I have a doc appointment on friday. Thats when I will get the results of my blood work. Hoping for the best. And maybe it wont be lupus. Ty everyone for listening to

my kids had the respiratory influenza last week. I called my Dr & they called on a script for tamiflu. it was a life saver for me cause I’m on chemotherapy & the flu would be bad for me. I get nausea & fever & body aches when I’m going into a lupus Fibermyalgia migraine flare. I see a rheumatologist & neurologist. phenegram. will help with the nausea &fioricet will help with the migraines. I didn’t even know I was having migraines from fibromialgia I just was nausea & dizzy with a fever no head pain. I couldn’t afford an ambulance & like a foolish idiot I drove myself to the emergency room. I don’t remember the last part of the drive to the emergency room. a nurse found me in the bathrooms of the hospital. when you have migraines from the fibromialgia even if you don’t have headache pain you could still be experiencing a migraine &it can raise your bloodpressure so high that you can have a stroke. if you just can’t miss work see if you can flex. or make up time for a Dr appointment. I agree with all the others a flare is nothing to mess ethics. I waited so long that my blood pressure was so high from the migraine that I started having a massive nose bleed in the. emergency room. I could. have had a stroke and died because of my stubbornness. please be careful & take care of your health. my rheumatologist has an urgent care Clinic within their office &they are located right next door to saint Joseph’s hospital. So when I had. a. flare up. I can go to the urgent care clinic & my rheumatologist can get me fibromialgia or lupus treatment I need. it is an ideal set up. you are in my prayers. please keep us updated.

Wow…u can have a migraine without a headache? Maybe thats what it’s been? Idk…i told the doc about it and she just brushed it off as nothing. I havent been as bad as I was the day that I wrote this, but I still puke sometimes, and just generally feel bad all the time! But ty u for the info, that helped a lot!

Heather said:

my kids had the respiratory influenza last week. I called my Dr & they called on a script for tamiflu. it was a life saver for me cause I’m on chemotherapy & the flu would be bad for me. I get nausea & fever & body aches when I’m going into a lupus Fibermyalgia migraine flare. I see a rheumatologist & neurologist. phenegram. will help with the nausea &fioricet will help with the migraines. I didn’t even know I was having migraines from fibromialgia I just was nausea & dizzy with a fever no head pain. I couldn’t afford an ambulance & like a foolish idiot I drove myself to the emergency room. I don’t remember the last part of the drive to the emergency room. a nurse found me in the bathrooms of the hospital. when you have migraines from the fibromialgia even if you don’t have headache pain you could still be experiencing a migraine &it can raise your bloodpressure so high that you can have a stroke. if you just can’t miss work see if you can flex. or make up time for a Dr appointment. I agree with all the others a flare is nothing to mess ethics. I waited so long that my blood pressure was so high from the migraine that I started having a massive nose bleed in the. emergency room. I could. have had a stroke and died because of my stubbornness. please be careful & take care of your health. my rheumatologist has an urgent care Clinic within their office &they are located right next door to saint Joseph’s hospital. So when I had. a. flare up. I can go to the urgent care clinic & my rheumatologist can get me fibromialgia or lupus treatment I need. it is an ideal set up. you are in my prayers. please keep us updated.

hi tiffany, sounds like the same kind of "flare" i go through... it seems so unfair, nothing helps.. you just have to get through these times.. its really difficult if you start worrying about the future, you cant do that... you must live in the moment and reward yourself with something you love when you get to feeling better. ope you are feeling better, and have a smile on your face... xoxo

Ty so much for replying. I feel like I’m going crazy! Lol…it just really sucks, especially when people think I’m making it up. But I have been trying to stay positive. And keeping my pain complaints to myself. I know people are sick of my complaining, because I’m sick of it too. Lol but ty again!

moondance said:

hi tiffany, sounds like the same kind of “flare” i go through… it seems so unfair, nothing helps… you just have to get through these times… its really difficult if you start worrying about the future, you cant do that… you must live in the moment and reward yourself with something you love when you get to feeling better. ope you are feeling better, and have a smile on your face… xoxo