Flares and prednisone

Hi! I’ve got a question… so I’m in a flare and the Dr has added methotrexate to my med list. (currently on plaquenil, cymbalta, neurotin ) She has also put me on a 10 day round of prednisone. I’m currently on day 4 of that. Question is, when should I feel better? Isn’t prednisone supposed to make you feel better pretty quickly? I still have pain in my hips, fingers, feet and toes and just stay tired. Any thoughts? Also, what are opinions of methotrexate? Thanks.

Hello Chicken Queen. First, how did you come up with that name?? I also take Methotrexate and Plaquenel. My Rheumatologist started me on a low dose of methotrexate; then he increased as simptoms began to clear up but there were more symptoms to conquer. Pain has been the most problematic of all the symptoms.

He has started giving me a shot to take at home. This really helps the pain but it does upset my stomach. Not as much as taking it orally. I still take the plaquenel. He also prescribes folic acid as a healing agent. Without this shot I have muscle contracctions. Dr. said they are from adrenaline which helps me get through the pain. They often wake me up at night.

These almost completely stop.

My pain is located very much as the same places as yours.

Tracy

Thank you Tracy! Hoping the Dr will find a working combination for me soon. My bloodwork showed elevated liver enzymes this time so I have to decrease the methotrexate for the next couple of weeks and then repeat labs. I’m finally starting to feel like I’m coming out of this flare. I guess the prednisone is kicking in. Praise God!
As far as chicken queen…my husband and I own a pretty large chicken farm so that’s his “pet name” for me. Lol

I just finished a month long prednisone treatment I started to feel better after about a week being on it. So I think you are almost there hang in.