Finding me a knew doctor

I've been pondering lately about finding a knew rheumatologist. Dont get me wrong my doctor is and always will be a great dr, but something in me has been wanting to change dr.

So today I get a letter from my rheumatologist saying he is no longer taken me as his patient, so I picked up the phone and I called to find out why, and his nurse would not tell me. She said she only mails out the letters, mind you I have been going to him for the pass 12 years he knows my ins and outs about my lupus.

For some reason I was a little bit upset about it but I shouldn't be cause I was just talking about changing. So after getting over being mad I sat down and pulled out my tablet and I found me a new dr. I'm not going to let this little thing get me down.

I'm hopeing that this dr is as good as the one that I had, if not I'm going to continue to look for a knew dr until I find a good one.

I totally understand the doctor feeling. I want to get second opinion,but feel so overwhelmed to start over,and I am in the mist of losing my medical,so I may lose doctors all together. I wish You luck and hope your doctor listens

O i know exactly how you feel---it is like being dumped by a boyfriend and it hurts like aunt helen! My neurologist dumped me. it sucks.

so have you found a new doc yet?

Tanya,
I hope you find a great new doctor! I am in the process of switching now also. It can be such an overwhelming task! Hang in there!

No Im still looking. Im going to call my insurance co tomorrow
janice said:

O i know exactly how you feel---it is like being dumped by a boyfriend and it hurts like aunt helen! My neurologist dumped me. it sucks.

so have you found a new doc yet?

Do you know of any reason why he would do this? Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. I always say everything happens for a reason! I’m looking into changing too if I dont get some good results at this next appt. I hope you find someone soon!

I don't know what it could have been, i never missed a appt. Then i thought maybe it was the insurance co. I dont know. I just have to start looking for a knew one. This is going to be a hard one.

haitianbarbie88 said:

Do you know of any reason why he would do this? Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I always say everything happens for a reason! I'm looking into changing too if I dont get some good results at this next appt. I hope you find someone soon!

ann...you are the voice of reason...good advice to get records

Ann A. said:

Tanya, Please think about getting all of your medical records from his office. It will make working with a new physician simpler.

I have had two physicians send me a similar letter. One of them had a heart attack and started dropping every patient that was not currently in crisis and as they got better he also dropped them. One was diagnosed with a rapidly progressing form of liver cancer and by the time I sent the letter to get my records I received one from his record keeper saying that he had died.

Im in the process of getting them. At first he was going to charge me to copy them and I asked why should I pay for them when he dropped me so now I have to fill out a release paper. I told them I want my whole record from when I started 12 years ago. And to let yall know I think I found a good Dr.(crossing my fingers)

Ann A. said:

Tanya, Please think about getting all of your medical records from his office. It will make working with a new physician simpler.

I have had two physicians send me a similar letter. One of them had a heart attack and started dropping every patient that was not currently in crisis and as they got better he also dropped them. One was diagnosed with a rapidly progressing form of liver cancer and by the time I sent the letter to get my records I received one from his record keeper saying that he had died.

One more thing I might need help with is what kind of questions do I ask this knew Dr?