Discoid Lupus and Hair vitamins

Has anyone tried to use them.. I see those hair infinity vitamin advertisement and would love to try them but only if they will work. I don't have any money to waste. So has anyone used them with success or failure..

Hey Torie! I used them for a few months after my hair had fallen out from a flare up. Yes they work but they may cause your face to break out also. I stopped using them and started taking biotin pills and those have had my hair growing a lot ! But you will have to shave more often. Lol

I don't know about that brand, but I have had hair vitamins work, and also prenatal vitamins have brought back my hair and strengthened my nails. They just made me queazy, they were horse sized pills so they didn't digest very well. Next time I take them I might use my pill crusher and take it with a drink that way. If you look in the upper right corner to the empty search box, type in "hair loss", there are a ton of us who have started discussions on this and listed things that help us. Biotin helps, but most people with lupus have strange reactions to many meds and supplements, and that's one I had to quit. Expensive Nioxin shampoo did nothing for me, but others like it. Different things help different people.

biotin works really well for me, I've lost the majority of hair on top of my head because of discoid lupus on my scalp, my teen aged granddaughter talked me into trying the biotin for my hair and nails, well my hair is better, there are still some spots that hair will never come back to, the best is my nails are strong again and not breaking all the time, i don't know about the stuff on tv, but the biotin is great. My rule of thumb is if its on tv and internet and not in stores buyer beware! i hope this helps good luck

I use Biosil. Plus my other regular vitamins including a multi, b complex, D3, fish oil , cal/mag. The Biosil comes in a light blue and white box. I get compliments on my hair all the time. I’m a big believer in this product.

Hello,

Where have you purchased Biosil? I haven't been able to find it in stores only online. Any suggestions ? Thanks,

Nomad said:

I use Biosil. Plus my other regular vitamins including a multi, b complex, D3, fish oil , cal/mag. The Biosil comes in a light blue and white box. I get compliments on my hair all the time. I'm a big believer in this product.

Hi Torie,

Unfortunately, i'm experiencing the same with hair loss. It's not fun but I can tell you I have tried alot and haven't found anything just yet. Nioxin made me feel like my scalp was on fire, ovation didn't do anything and I have tried it for a year, biotin has helped my nails but didn't do anything for my hair. I actually just asked my dermatologist for any recomendations so i'm waiting to hear back. If you were able to find something that helped please share. I will keep you updated as well. Thanks and good luck. I'm sorry

Samantha