Hello Everyone, Thank you for reading. As you all know we are often told "it's all in your head".
All my life I have told the truth regarding how I am feeling. From a very young age I complained of severe ear aches, muscle pain, memory recall, cognitive thought issues, depression, burning itchy rash on my feet and back,UTI's etc. etc. etc.
Each time my parents had an answer that minimized my symptoms. They often told me "everyone gets that". My eldest brother and two sisters never mentioned anything.
All this started when my mother told me on the 23 rd of October last year, that she took Thalidomide when she was pregnant with me. We only ever hear about the 20% who suffered terrible loss of limbs. The other 80% do not get a mention even though the Governments knew in 1962 Thalidomide caused damage to every unborn babies Thyroid.
For some reason my father chose to not tell me about that, even though he knew I was getting quite sick with the symptoms of Hashimoto's and Sero -Negative Lupus among others..
After a thorough investigation it has been clarified that the Thalidomide Toxicity has been the cause of all my health issues, including Auto immune Disease.
All this has been a bit upsetting and my eye site is going foggy when I feel any stress. There is nothing wrong with my eyes. My father and mother, who are not together, are now denying any knowledge of my mother taking Thalidomide after all.
I would be grateful for anyone's opinion, would you feel hurt and want an explanation (?) because I have been to hell and back. I know I need to forgive, I'm just not ready just yet. I have mentioned this before one other time, it's just this extra worry. Should I be concerned about it?
Thank you & Blessings