Trying Not to be Alarmed

It's 5:00 a.m.; could not sleep tonight due to shooting pain in most joints. Strange thing is the veins on the top of my hands and fingers are distended and very blue; palms show many blue veins making hands look dark and three fingers are even darker. Does anyone have a clue if I need to be worried about this? This happened one other time a couple of weeks ago and I dismissed it because it went away... Thank you so much! Dee

Part II ... Just looked at my feet - veins very prominent on top and ankles making feet look blue, as well ????

Hi

Sorry you're not feeling t ip-topIdon't dismisss anything. Last time I did that I had a fungal infection in my ear.

tootles:

I've had that happen-for me anyway, it went away.

Cindy

I've had something similar happen a couple of times to hands and feet...yours sounds more extreme though. I also ignored it and it went away. With all that you're feeling, I don't recommend that. We all shouldn't be so timid about calling those doctors that get paid so well (and might just have an answer for us)...hmm, if I only took my own advice. I hope that you are feeling better - and let us know how you make out. Hugs.

Thank you, everyone, so much, for your input. Does anyone have Raynaud's (?) did a little online research lol ... Definitely going to call the Rheumy. It happened again last night and I realized this "little dance" has happened for the last couple of years but I usually get under the covers because my hands get so cold. Realized I have never paid attention due to looking at them until recently; have just tried to stop the pain, but once I warm up again, the outside palms of my hands get really warm and red. Sound familiar to anyone? And Ms. Ann, am working on doing great, as usual. Plaquenil definitely not working yet (only a month), but I am patient. Quit smoking (20 days now) and becoming a partial Vegan (fish or chicken twice a week only), taking my Vitamin D :)... Hugs to everyone! Happy Saturday! Dee

Raynaud's. Can really hurt when the circulation is cut off. Sometimes my hands and feet turn white instead of blue. Usually after it's over the feet and hand turn bright red.

You have to hold on

Sounds like Raynaud’s. My hands and fingers and feet do this at times. They get so cold like I have been in a freezer holding ice!LOL. I take gloves around with me , just in case I go somewhere and it is cold. Yes!, sometimes people look at me like am crazy , but I don’t cares anymore!! I look at them and smile at them!! On your next visit with the doctor, make sure you let him/she know about this. I was at the doctor office on one visit and it happened , he told me that it was nothing to worry about, so I did not stress the issue. It still happens, mostly in cold places, (exspecially when i go shopping-it last longer and yes i walk around the store with the gloves on),it don’t last long. But it don’t bother me as much as it use to!!! Well make sure that you let your doctor know about this, it might be Raynauds!..Beverly L.