Steroid Weight Gain :-(

Feeling very blue today. Stepped on the scale (stupidly) for the first time after my 2 rounds of steroids and almost 3 month flare. I was shocked when I looked down to see that I had gained a whopping 20lbs! That’s enough to make you cry! I’ve been off the steroids for about a month now. Ughhhh…this disease is the pits!

its just another lovely side effect of our disease, sorry you're feeling blue, cheer up you are not alone.

Oh yeah, damn steroids! When I’m on them I want to eat constantly!! Lol I don’t need anything to help. My appetite!!

After 2 years of steroids, I am 100 lbs overweight! I feel you pain!

I hear ya! I'm a hefty 205 and no matter how much I try to not let it get to me, I too get down at times. But hope you can cheer up at some point and have a great day :D

I only took steriods for a week, but I have gained 25 lbs. in the last 2 years. It doesn't come off no matter what I do. The weight just keeps creeping up. I also lost 2 1/2 inches of height because of issues with my spine.

Hang in there we are all with you!

I got the taper dose of steroids last week. I had gained 15 lbs, and have lost almost 10 of that. That's onloy because I have no appitite.

Cindy

I’ve been underweight and overweight over these last 21 years dealing with lupus. Everywhere from 82 pounds to 151. (I’m 5’2"). And I’m fairly vain. I don’t like looking not so great, especially when my appearance is affected by things I can’t control, like prednisone. You are not alone in this frustration!!!

I’ve done numerous diets and exercise to get back to normal - weight watchers, aerobics, walking, treadmill/weights. I got down to 131.5 for my wedding 7 years ago, with much effort. (Slowly gained back to 150).

This time around I’m using a super clean nutrition plan that I love because it’s easy and I’m dropping weight with no exercise. And I have less pain and more energy- quality food!

If you’re interested, here’s a short video that explains it better than I can:
http://www.isagenix.com/en-US/Isamovie#cat=weightLoss&vid=9jeIL82Of9I