Starting Cellcept!

So after being super sick for almost 6 wks, having to drop school the last 2 wks. of class and take incompletes. My doc. finally agreed to try a new avenue for treatment, cellcept. I am still so upset I had to get so sick for him to believe me!!! He was feeling my joints today and I didnt even notice how bad they were getting. I was just getting worse and worse and no one was doing a thing! Some of my labs were concerning yet they did nothing. I am just thankful we are starting to try things. I know I will never be the person I used to be, but if I can maybe actually be able to walk on campus a few days here and there, work one or two nights a week. I will take it!! I just want some normalcy. I am not getting my hopes up yet but I am anxious to see what happens. My doc. said he never thought a Christmas gift would be giving someone cell cept! This past month has just been so rough with many clinic visits, ER visit, and and and. I didn't know if I could even keep going I was ready to throw in the towel. But here is hoping for a better new year!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a great holiday season! :D

Hi

Sorry you are having so much trouble getting someone to listen. But I guess that's the "norm" with some of us with this wonderful disease. I think I have a good team of Drs. They must believe I'm sick because I can always get right in for an appointment I guess "it is what it is" and we just have to do the best we can and try to find the best medical care we can. I am finally resigned to the fact that I can only do what this old body will let me do.

Here's to a better 2015.

Cindy

Hi, I have been DX with SLE for 3 years now. Started on Plaquenil, put me in hospital within a few days (for 10 days). Next tried IMURAN, Liver results worse each month. A few months ago I started CellCept, now on 400mg a day & I think I'm doing a little better. Had Whooping Cough the last few weeks so that was not great, but I believe I'm mentally 'clearer' (confusion was a great issue previously) & I have a greater range of movement through my trunk. Previously I was very stiff with little sideways motion.

So keep your spirits up & hopefully you will have good results with CellCept.

Best Wishes to you & Seasons Greetings

Kaz xx

Merry Christmas. Hang in there everyone.

Cellcept is one of a combination of drugs that has helped me so much. Don’t loose hope. Push forward and don’t give up.

After years on the Chloraquine and doing well on it, the last few months have been almost unbearable. I have also been started on cellcept and am hoping it will help. My biggest issue these months has been pleuritis and from what I've read I don't see much about cellcept on pleurisy. But it seems to be a lesser evil as far as side effects then other options. I hope it works well for both of us.

As far as cellcept that maybe my next step also methotrexate did not work for me.I have thrown in the towel so many times this year that I have lost count.So I started seeing a therapist back in april,thought it was definitely not for me but now she is my rock.She won't give up on me even when I want to give up on me .We don't know how strong we really are until being strong is our only choice.Find one person that you can really lean on and trust maybe even a therapist ,someone who reminds you that you are one of the bravest people on this planet even when you don't see it in yourself.When your dealing with lupus brave is all there is.Hang in there and keep talking to someone even if it is here.You have got this.God bless.

Imuran caused me near total kidney failure. I fought against taking CellCept, but my doc convinced me it was that or lose my kidney function--the kidneys won. Now, a little over a year later, my lupus blood values are the closest to normal they have been in years. I have been backing down off of Prednisone for many months at the same time. CellCept saved me. I hope it is able to help you. Give it a chance; don't give up!!!

Louters! Hi! I was reading thru any cellcept posts I could and came across yours. I just received my rx for cellcept and wanted to ask you how did it turn out for you?! Thanks for your time! God bless!