Rashes again

pict.jpg

Has anyone had rashes like this? I have them on both arms

158-pict.jpg (9.21 KB) 159-pictu.jpg (14.7 KB) 160-photo4.jpg (2.36 MB)

That looks just like the rashes I have on both sides of my neck and on my chest

Do you know if is related to lupus or connective tissue disease

Yes, I get that on my chest. I will get real bright red ones on my arms and then they turn brown. I had a couple biopsied and they came out lupus related. I have them on my hands and shoulders too. Just have to stay out of the sun or wear sunscreen and SPF clothing!

I get rashes like this too. Mine was diagnosed as Vasculitis. It’s best of you have it checked out by your doctor or dermatologist. Vasculitis can be serious so if that’s what you had you would definitely need to see your doctor. Good luck!

I will call the dermatologist tomorrow

I went to the dermatologist today. She feels that the rash is due to plaquenil. I have been on the generic form for about 4 weeks. The dermatologist spoke with the rheumatologist. I have stopped taking plaquenil and am on a 21 day taper of prednisone. I am taking 60 mg for three days. After I am done with the prednisone, I will go back to the rheumatologist. He will probably start me back on plaquenil but specify name brand only. Some of the rashes are turning into bruises. Has anyone experienced this? How long does it take for the rash to clear up? Could name brand plaquenil work without the rash?

I get rashes just like yours but, mine are on my back. I have been on Plaquinil for 4 years and also taking Cell-Cept. I have been taking Prednisone at different doses to try to control my rashes. My dermatologist suggested I use Desonide cream 0.05% on my face for the malar rash I get. Im currently using Protopic on my rashes. I have previously used Desoximetasone cream 0.25% on my rashes also, not sure how much it helped. When I get a rash like yours they tend to start out red, them they open up, get really itchy and burn. Once they open up they scab over then I know their healing up. This seems to take about 3 months. My immune system tends to affect my skin the most. I can’t go out into the sun. I have to wear long sleeves in the summer and a hat. Also tons of sunblock. I hope this may help you. I also think the heat makes my rashes flare up. I hope some of these creams may help you too. My dermatologist also put me on 60 mg. of Predisone once and I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. Won’t do that again. I have been battling rashes for 4 years now. If you have any questions you can message me on this site. Hope something helps. Best Wishes.

The immunologist I am seeing suggested asking the doctor if he wants her to do a desensitization protocol. Is there a difference between generic and name brand plaquinel as far as rashes go? I didn’t have any cardiac effect from the first dose of prednisone but am concerned about increased susceptibilfy to infections as I work with kids

The rash does not seem to be spreading anymore. Maybe the prednisone has helped with that; however some areas are forming brown spots and other areas are forming bruises!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas

Hi, compared to my rash that comes on my face , yours is totally good looking! Smile. My doc says that the rash is related to the Lupus and flares. But I find that when I have stress going on , the rash is full blast , which cause me to stay away from stressful things and people, and the sun , which makes my face itch very bad . Well hope that the rash don’t make you think about giving up on what you have to do about Lupus , keep fighting ! Talk with you later …Beverly L.