***please help***

Good Afternoon Everyone :)

I hope everyone is having a awesome day!

I need suggestions and opinions i had applied for SSI back in 2008 while i was living in a medically Fragile group home.

All of my doctors agree that i am incapable of working.

But SSI keeps denying me. I don't know what to do from here. i don't know if i should keep fighting it or just give up. They keep sending letters stating that because i am able to walk and move around i'm not considered disabled.

You need to get an attorney to help with your case- they take a portion of your settlement and no money is required by you upfront. You also need to understand that the definition of disability under SSI is that you are incapable of earning $900 a month at ANY job So if you could sit at a desk for 3 hours aday or be a Walmart greeter you are not considered disabled Kinda silly but there it is Medical documentation has to also support that you are unable to show up for work of any kind Your attorney can help get the appropriate convincing documentation together for an appeal

Oh and medical documentation also needs to show that you are expected to improve significantly with treatment- thatyour disability is of a permanent nature

Well the thing is that i am capable of working but as soon as my body goes under stress. I flare so bad that no job on this earth will wait 3 months for me to get better. And at this moment im on Chemotherapy for Posterior Scleritis. in both eyes and the pain would get so bad that i would lose vision. so its like either way im losing.

i had hired an attorney and he was saying that my case was to complex and i really don't know what he meant by that!!
poobie said:

Oh and medical documentation also needs to show that you are expected to improve significantly with treatment- thatyour disability is of a permanent nature

Try a company called Allsup (1-866-■■■■■■■■ use referral SK24. I had been trying to get my ssi for a year and a half and they got me approved in 4 months. Hope I helped.

God Bless

Julie

Get a attorney that specializes in SSI & SSD claims. It’s worth it to have him/her do all of the necessary leg work involved to get the documents necessary for putting a file together that these government agencies require to approve a claim. These agencies Don’t understand, stress causes flares in people that have Lupus. Good luck.

I agree with them. You should find an Attorney that specializes in SSI/SSDI claims. The only thing is they may ask for 20% of your restitution (your back pay). But that’s money your not missing. That is how I got my SSDI. Good Luck!

You mean ssdi right? ssi is based on your income ssdi is for people who are disabled and can’t work. I say find a lawyer that specializes in social security.

Farydin said:

Well the thing is that i am capable of working but as soon as my body goes under stress. I flare so bad that no job on this earth will wait 3 months for me to get better. And at this moment im on Chemotherapy for Posterior Scleritis. in both eyes and the pain would get so bad that i would lose vision. so its like either way im losing.

i had hired an attorney and he was saying that my case was to complex and i really don't know what he meant by that!!
poobie said:

THEY HAVE ALL OF MY INFO THEY EVEN HAVE THE INFO OF WHEN I USE TO LIVE IN MY GROUP HOME. SO THEY KNOW MY DISABILITY BUT ITS LIKE THEY DONT SEEM TO CARE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL GIVE THEM A CALL DOES IT MATTER THAT I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY?

Julie said:

Try a company called Allsup (1-866-786-8869 use referral SK24. I had been trying to get my ssi for a year and a half and they got me approved in 4 months. Hope I helped.

God Bless

Julie

THE ATTORNEY THAT I HIRED WAS AN SSI & SSD CLAIMS ATTORNEY HIS NAME IS MICHAEL SHORE.

AND HE WAS SAYING ITS TO COMPLEX

Judith A Celli said:

Get a attorney that specializes in SSI & SSD claims. It's worth it to have him/her do all of the necessary leg work involved to get the documents necessary for putting a file together that these government agencies require to approve a claim. These agencies Don't understand, stress causes flares in people that have Lupus. Good luck.

HERE WHERE I LIVE THE ATTORNEYS TAKE 30% OF THE BACK PAY.

AND SOME EVEN TAKE MORE. I DON'T MIND IF THEY TAKE THE 30 OR MORE I JUST NEED TO GET APPROVED.

BECAUSE I HAD TO DROP OUT OF COLLEGE BECAUSE OF MY LUPUS I WAS MISSING WAY TO MANY DAYS OF SCHOOL AND NOW I GET HELP FROM THE BOARD OF SOCIAL SERVICES BUT I CANT EVEN GO TO SCHOOL ONLINE AND ITS MAKING ME CRAZY BECAUSE IM ONLY 22 AND I WANT TO HAVE A DEGREE IN MORTUARY SCIENCE.

Michelle Walker said:

I agree with them. You should find an Attorney that specializes in SSI/SSDI claims. The only thing is they may ask for 20% of your restitution (your back pay). But that's money your not missing. That is how I got my SSDI. Good Luck!

YES I DO MEAN SSDI. ITS JUST EASIER TO SAY SSI BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE REFER TO IT AS SSI!! AND ONCE AGAIN THAT YOU FOR THE ADVISE!!

Cameron said:

You mean ssdi right? ssi is based on your income ssdi is for people who are disabled and can't work. I say find a lawyer that specializes in social security.

No they handle cases all over the USA
No Farydin said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL GIVE THEM A CALL DOES IT MATTER THAT I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY?

Julie said:

Try a company called Allsup (1-866-786-8869 use referral SK24. I had been trying to get my ssi for a year and a half and they got me approved in 4 months. Hope I helped.

God Bless

Julie

OH BTW Allsup sent me an email about my referral. I really think they can help you as they did me and they only took 20% of my back pay. If you have any questions for me just send me a line God Bless and good luck

Ok, same thing happened to me!! Don't give up, the way it's been explained to me is the more you need it the more intensely they deny you. You need to look for a Not For Profit patient advocates group in your area! They are the people who will ACTUALLY help you and get you through the process. I just restarted with one of them and it is a completely different experience than any of the law groups we worked with. I can't get you any organization specific names cause I don't know your area. But if you should be able to find some on google! If not shoot a private message with the state you are in and my cousin works in NYC and New Jersey patient advocacy and can get me names and numbers for you! I was told on many occasion I could work cause I'm not in a wheelchair or that I perjured myself on the stand cause I said somedays I can get out of bed and some days I can't. The judges try every angle they can. These advocacy groups know the angles and don't get played or PAID for that matter. They are doing this for you not payment. (I had one group of lawyers stop bothering to work my case when they decided I wouldn't win, so they would't get paid) It makes them much more motivated, cause it doesn't matter if they believe they'll get paid in the end, they just want you to get what you deserve!!