OK< Have a question, looking for an answer?!

Peritonitis- Ascistes (fluid in abdomen)

Symptoms anyone has had if they have endured these two very painful & scary symptom of Lupus?! Also, cystic lesions in pelvic region (i.e. ovaries, uterine,fallop.tubes) Anyone with those too? possible malignancy? Very painful or shall I say EXTREMELY painful.....any info. would be so appreciated! Because I have endured lots of pain in my time, but this is in another category, if ya know what I mean! I myself have had diagnosis from pelvic/abdom./transvag. Ultrasound) 2 weeks ago. Little bit scary, but more painful believe it or not! I want it all OUT NOW!

Just got approved for NJ Hosp. Care Assistance Program, THANK THE GOOD LORD! So calls are being made because I need attention re: this matter ASAP....Financial Advisor at hospital is working on it for me....So, YES there are people who do CARE out there.....Looking for the connection though, as stated above. My abdomen is swollen, hard,painful and now affecting lower back/spine.....Any suggestions would mean alot to me right now! Gotta manage this, it is becoming too much to handle!

Thanks guys! Luv, Suzie

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate your concern. I hope that you start to feel stronger each day, Man ,when a BAD Flare hits, it hits very very HARD! I totally understand what you feel. I just hope it subsides sooner rather than later. Just hang in there! I am so happy I finally got approved for the Charity Care! Now to find a Gyno. to see me & decide on surgical options. It is very scary but to be honest ,I just want it all out! The pain & discomfort I am in is unbearable…Not much puts me flat out, but this is. Anyway, I will let you know when I get an answer as to what is next. {{HUGS}} You are in my thoughts & prayers and thanks for being my FRIEND!!! I really am so happy I got to meet you wonderful people here! Be Well, Love, Suzie

Rachel Simpkins said:

It May I mean May be separate from Lupus. Maybe!! I pray that you find out exactly what is

going on and glad to hear your approved for help!! Let us know what they tell you. Hugs!!!! Rachel

Hi Suzie,

I too had fluid in my abdomen, it wasn't hard, just made me gain so much weight and made wearing clothes impossible (unless 3 sizes larger) Once I started my meds within 3 weeks, the fluid went away and I am steadily getting back to my normal size.

Suzie D. said:

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate your concern. I hope that you start to feel stronger each day, Man ,when a BAD Flare hits, it hits very very HARD! I totally understand what you feel. I just hope it subsides sooner rather than later. Just hang in there! I am so happy I finally got approved for the Charity Care! Now to find a Gyno. to see me & decide on surgical options. It is very scary but to be honest ,I just want it all out! The pain & discomfort I am in is unbearable...Not much puts me flat out, but this is. Anyway, I will let you know when I get an answer as to what is next. {{HUGS}} You are in my thoughts & prayers and thanks for being my FRIEND!!! I really am so happy I got to meet you wonderful people here! Be Well, Love, Suzie

Rachel Simpkins said:

It May I mean May be separate from Lupus. Maybe!! I pray that you find out exactly what is

going on and glad to hear your approved for help!! Let us know what they tell you. Hugs!!!! Rachel

Gosh, is anything separate from Lupus??? It seems like everything I have experienced over the last many years is just another symptom of it.

Rachel Simpkins said:

suzie I am sorry it took me so long to find and reply to this. I am soooo sorry you are suffering like you are. I have been worried bc I haven't heard your voice much and i am afraid it is bc you are feeling so awful.

I dont know if the cysts i had removed are the same or not. I had one on the right ovary that was removed after my last baby was born. It hurt like hell.

Please let me know how you are doing. if you ever need to call, please do. I will message my phone number.

Prayers your way (till the cows come home)

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in December because of cystic lesions. My left ovary was completely entangled to my abdomin wall. I had several ultrasounds before and they kept telling me my ovary was missing! That was scary. I also had several fibroids, two the size of grapefruits. My belly swelled up so bad I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. Just now being tested for Lupus (3rd time in 7 years) so not sure if there is a connection. If you do have to get a hysterectomy I recomend trying to keep at least 1 ovary. I lost both and I am in menopause HELL! Also, I found a wonderful support group at HysterSisters.com.

So happy to see you are getting so much help. Last thing you need right now is more stress.

Many Blessings,

Jen :)

Thanks to all of you for the info, I appreciate it very much!! Suzie :), but not smiling too much these days…:frowning: to be honest! But I do try to practice what I try to preach to all of u!

I have the Pericarditis, and lupus nephritis, which is very close to this, from what I have read. Hope it works to get your surgery!

Something to keep in mind- a good friend of mine got a partial hysterectomy - just the uterus taken out - many years ago. 20 years or so later, she got ovarian cancer and it got too bad for them to remove the ovaries, and she passed away. There are lots of things out on the market for the menopause symptoms. Just keep trying them, and you’ll find something that works.

Jenny Lynn said:

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in December because of cystic lesions. My left ovary was completely entangled to my abdomin wall. I had several ultrasounds before and they kept telling me my ovary was missing! That was scary. I also had several fibroids, two the size of grapefruits. My belly swelled up so bad I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. Just now being tested for Lupus (3rd time in 7 years) so not sure if there is a connection. If you do have to get a hysterectomy I recomend trying to keep at least 1 ovary. I lost both and I am in menopause HELL! Also, I found a wonderful support group at HysterSisters.com.

So happy to see you are getting so much help. Last thing you need right now is more stress.

Many Blessings,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR STILL REMEMBERING MY ISSUE WITH THIS EVERYONE! I CONTINUE TO GET ULTRASOUNDS & THE DARN CYSTIC LESION IS STILL THERE, BUT NOT ONE DOC. SEEMS OVERLY CONCERNED, MY OPINION IS, IF IT IS STILL THERE , AFTER MONTS & MONTHS…THEN IT ISN’T GOING ANYWHERE?! RIGHT?! SO JUST GET RID OF IT & TEST IT ALREADY! WHY TAKE A CHANCE!? BUT, YET AGAIN I AM NOT THE DOCTOR, ALTHOUGH, I DEF. SHOULD’VE BEEN!! :wink: OH WELL, YET ANOTHER WAY FOR THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS TO MAKE U FEEL WORSE I GUESS! JUST LIKE Y’ALL DO WITH LUPUS & ME TOO… HEY, LISTEN, I AM ONE HELL OF A TROOPER, I HAVE MADE IT THRU MORE THAN U CAN IMAGINE & YES!!! I WILL ALSO MAKE IT THRU ALL OF THIS TOO…KEEEP SMILING, KEEP SMILING! :0) LUV U ALL, SUZIE :0) P.S. THANK U FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY <3!!!
HAVING Y’ALL HERE AS MY OUTLET & LIL FAMILY MEANS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!! XOXOXXO
RJQ said:

Something to keep in mind- a good friend of mine got a partial hysterectomy - just the uterus taken out - many years ago. 20 years or so later, she got ovarian cancer and it got too bad for them to remove the ovaries, and she passed away. There are lots of things out on the market for the menopause symptoms. Just keep trying them, and you'll find something that works.

Jenny Lynn said:

Many Blessings,

(((((Suzie))))) How awesome to hear from a sister soldier. I have been so worried about you---worried that your pain level was too much to bear and too much sadness bc it's october and too much residual pain from the hurricane and ....so many stressors!

I have been praying for you. I moved the butterfly to a tree (I made a tree and put in in my praying corner which is right beside my computer--so i see it when i work and i see it when I pray---

i pray that God sends angels to keep you strong "lest you dash your foot against a stone."

You're right: you ARE strong. And even the strongest need rest.. even Jesus was asleep in the boat and had to be roused up when his cohorts thought they were going to die in the storm while he snoozed.

Love ya

THANKS JAN! I AM DOING OK, I WAS CHECKING THE SITE 2DAY, AND CAME UPON THS OLDER POST THAT I PUT HERE…I AM HANGIN’ IN & KEEPING STRONG AS ALWAYS, BUT UR RIGHT, EVEN THE STRONGEST OF STRONG DO FEEL WEAK NOW AND AGAIN…I AM HAPPY TO HEAR FROM U & I SO THANK U FOR KEEPING ME IN UR PRAYERS… TTYS, U R IN MINE TOO…ALWAYS…! LUV YA! SUZIE :0)