Is this a flare?

Hi KeepKeepinon,

Nice to hear you not feeling to bad but i'd say the nausea problem is from the plaquenil again...enjoy your sunday and all my love :) xxx

Keepkeepinon said:

Glad you're feeling much better today. I am, too. Still cold, grey and rainy here, but at least no pain today. Just some nausea which may be from starting plaquenil again. I hope everyone else is feeling better, too.

Thanks Terri. Hope you have a great Sunday, too. The plaquenil is definitely causing gastrointestinal issues like the first time I began taking it. I know things will settle down as soon as my body adjusts to it again.

Tez_20 said:

Hi KeepKeepinon,

Nice to hear you not feeling to bad but i’d say the nausea problem is from the plaquenil again…enjoy your sunday and all my love :slight_smile: xxx

Hi keepkeepinon,

I've had a nice quiet sunday and been resting and reading all night...god i can't believe my eyes have allowed it. lol

Well plaquenil upset me in many ways when i first took it and i've been on it over 2yrs now roughly and it's hardly working and i see the opthamologist this month and i think i may be fetched off it, so i'll have to wait and see as the rheumo was worried about my eyes.

I do hope the gastro problem with it settles down bit make sure you take it with food and watch if some foods kick it off worse :) xxx

seriously.

this topic was the first of my learning when I was diagnosed with lupus.

I cant explain why, but the exteme temperatures is NOT good for LUPUS.

I now live in Arizona and I am from San Diego without a constant Extreme change in weather.

You really should do the LEAST amount of activity when the weather is so extreme. I usually get fevers - YES FEVERS- when I over-do it during climate changes.

I learned to never subject myself to climate changes to extreme.

example:

If your at home and it's warm and COZY in inside. Your joints are moving well. Not stiff or anything.

And its cold outside... try NOT to go outside unless you absolutely have to.

Use gloves... head scarf...wrap up well. Try to not let your joints including your NECK be hti by the cold air.

Same thing when its hot. Most Lupus patients knows direct sunlight for too long cuases immediate flairs, fevers, severe aching. You should wear cotton, cool clothing, and wear sunscreen if body parts are out. A hat is 100% recommended.

So yes- the treadmill, extreme temp changes, can be painful for a lupus patient.

Does this help at all?

Hope so.

I know all too well about exgreme flares within minutes.. yes minutes.

A bad arguement can lead to an immediate flare for me.

no bueno.

I forgot to mention..... the grey and rainy sky is problamtic for Lupus folks.

Anyone with joint pain....

i call it my old lady symptoms for people who dont have lupus so they dont qestion why i moe so slow in rainy weather. It doees soemthing to joints,

Just as people say they can "feel the rain" before it even comes.

This is the same type of feeling. aching joints.... I rejoice if its cloudy and my bones dont feel it:)

Lifewithlupus,

I am from San Diego as well. I live in Vegas now, but spent about 4 years in KY about 7 years ago. Thought I would die I was so miserable. We definitely have responses to extreme weather changes even if it's not cold. I remember when the weather indicated tornados in the forcast. The pressure was as bad as the wind and snow during the fall and winter months.

If I can't life in SD anymore, Vegas is an o.k. second choice.

Glad you are with us,

DeAnne

lifewithlupus said:

seriously.

this topic was the first of my learning when I was diagnosed with lupus.

I cant explain why, but the exteme temperatures is NOT good for LUPUS.

I now live in Arizona and I am from San Diego without a constant Extreme change in weather.

You really should do the LEAST amount of activity when the weather is so extreme. I usually get fevers - YES FEVERS- when I over-do it during climate changes.

I learned to never subject myself to climate changes to extreme.

example:

If your at home and it's warm and COZY in inside. Your joints are moving well. Not stiff or anything.

And its cold outside... try NOT to go outside unless you absolutely have to.

Use gloves... head scarf...wrap up well. Try to not let your joints including your NECK be hti by the cold air.

Same thing when its hot. Most Lupus patients knows direct sunlight for too long cuases immediate flairs, fevers, severe aching. You should wear cotton, cool clothing, and wear sunscreen if body parts are out. A hat is 100% recommended.

So yes- the treadmill, extreme temp changes, can be painful for a lupus patient.

Does this help at all?

Hope so.

I know all too well about exgreme flares within minutes.. yes minutes.

A bad arguement can lead to an immediate flare for me.

no bueno.

Lifewithlupus, excellent tips. This advice will definitely help those less familiar with how lupus affects their body. I also get immediate flares from arguments- fever, headache and aching. Great advice about not letting the cold hit our necks and covering it up.

Terri when I stopped taking plaquenil the first time, it was because it stopped working for me also and because it was (I felt) affecting my vision. I took a 6 month break from it, but decided to start taking it again because I haven’t been feeling all that great. The aches and pains were becoming more frequent and my brain fog has been horrible. I’m only taking 200 mg. for now. Sorry to hear plaquenil is affecting your eyes. I hope your eye exam next month is normal.

Tez_20 said:

Hi keepkeepinon,

I’ve had a nice quiet sunday and been resting and reading all night…god i can’t believe my eyes have allowed it. lol

Well plaquenil upset me in many ways when i first took it and i’ve been on it over 2yrs now roughly and it’s hardly working and i see the opthamologist this month and i think i may be fetched off it, so i’ll have to wait and see as the rheumo was worried about my eyes.

I do hope the gastro problem with it settles down bit make sure you take it with food and watch if some foods kick it off worse :slight_smile: xxx

thanks so much @keepkeepinon !

I realized only a a couple years ago.. how badly anarguement could affect me.

I realize now - years later,

is a really bad arguement, or emotional tumoil is what brought the lupus visible for doctors. My sysmtoms and bloodwork was not that obvious until a major life event.

it brought it out n bloodwork at that point. and I was diagnosed within 2 weeksof that event.

high stress is deadly for lupus patients. I really have learned to pick my battles now.

Keepkeepinon said:

Lifewithlupus, excellent tips. This advice will definitely help those less familiar with how lupus affects their body. I also get immediate flares from arguments- fever, headache and aching. Great advice about not letting the cold hit our necks and covering it up.

Hello keepkeepinon,

I came off it through so many bad side affects, god i did feel ill and the rheumo wanted me back on it and someone i knew told me to take it at night, i had nausea and nothing else but i'm on 200mg like youeself and i've been getting floaters in my left eye and my new rheumo thinks it's damaging my eyes more and when i go this month it's to have my eyes plugged but i have a feeling they'll pull me off it altogether as my skin's still breaking out, some Lupus meds which i've read only stretch to 2yrs then patients need either the drug stronger or moving onto something else stronger.

Does the plaquenil help ease your aches and pains and the foggyness is a total nightmare, it makes me feel at times like i'm losing my marbles at 44, that's why sometimes i'm not on here through bad concentration.

I hope you have a nice day and Lupus gives you a slight break :)

Keepkeepinon said:

Terri when I stopped taking plaquenil the first time, it was because it stopped working for me also and because it was (I felt) affecting my vision. I took a 6 month break from it, but decided to start taking it again because I haven't been feeling all that great. The aches and pains were becoming more frequent and my brain fog has been horrible. I'm only taking 200 mg. for now. Sorry to hear plaquenil is affecting your eyes. I hope your eye exam next month is normal.

Tez_20 said:

Hi keepkeepinon,

I've had a nice quiet sunday and been resting and reading all night...god i can't believe my eyes have allowed it. lol

Well plaquenil upset me in many ways when i first took it and i've been on it over 2yrs now roughly and it's hardly working and i see the opthamologist this month and i think i may be fetched off it, so i'll have to wait and see as the rheumo was worried about my eyes.

I do hope the gastro problem with it settles down bit make sure you take it with food and watch if some foods kick it off worse :) xxx

Terri, the plaquenil did ease my aches and pains and brain fog, but then stopped working. I also had such blurry vision and my blind spot was becoming more noticeable. I have glaucoma, floaters and had the blind spot before even beginning plaquenil the first time, so I’ll be watching out for that worsening again this time. I’m also only taking half the dosage as the first time, so we’ll see… I’m 45 and know how you feel about the concentration issues. I take online breaks, too when it’s bad.

Hello keepkeepinon,

Plaquenil is good for aches and pains and especially spasms in the legs but although your still taking it be very careful with how your eyes are as they can soon effect the retina and you can well do with out this ontop.

I'm 45 this august like yourself, although i feel like i'm knocking on 80 my elderly neghbour next do is in better knick than myself, it sounds well dow it mate.lol

Tsking breaks though doex help the eyes and especially when lack of concentration hits we besides. :)