Hives on face

I occasionally get hives on my face which can be as big as a half dollar. They are usually around my eyes but today I got one on my cheek which makes me look pretty weird. They are inflamed and rock hard and never seem to go away completely although they do get flatter. Just another yucky lupus symptom. Anyone else dealing with these and any tips for getting rid of them?

Me too. I was just diagnosed this past September. I’m dealing with a myriad of symptoms, and trying to wrap my head around this whole lupus ordeal. This face rash never seems to go away. Is that normal?

Mine itch like crazy!

I've had them for years but I get them all over my body and sometimes they will bleed underneath my skin which really looks lovely. What I usually do is take Chlortrimeton at bedtime every night and use benadryl spray during the day, sometimes will take half of a ctm during the day if I need to. Saw an allergist and there was no logical reason for them, all the allergy tests came back negative. But those are the thngs I do and they seem to help and keep them at bay. Hope that helps some, if not talk with your doc they may have other options for you or it could be one of the meds you are taking that is causing the problem but hives are part of the lupus hand we've been dealt.

Best of luck to you and hope you feel better soon and stop itching, it's really unnerving when they start and irritating as well. Hugs to you.

Snowwolf

The rash is a mylar rash or butterfly rash and is one of the symptoms of lupus. I get it when I go out in the sun or out and do yardwork, things like that. Can also get it with flares. Not much can be done about it but hydrocortisone is a good idea in small doses if it helps. I found the placquenil has helped alot and it's not so bad now except for the sun. Otherwise there really isn't much to do about it that I know of. Sorry, aI know that isn't much help but it does explain it. Take care all.

Snowwolf

My mylar rash has never gone away.....I always look like my face is burned in the shape of a butterfly. gglbs

MsAych2 said:

Me too. I was just diagnosed this past September. I'm dealing with a myriad of symptoms, and trying to wrap my head around this whole lupus ordeal. This face rash never seems to go away. Is that normal?

Thanks to all for your kind replies. My doctor started me on a short course of Prednisone to hopefully help with the hives. Seems to be working!

Great solution to the problem, you have a good doctor who obviously knows the right things to do. Happy for you and hope you get rid of them soon, no fun to have!! Snowwolf

Hey have you checked with your doctor or dermatologist whether its DISCOID LUPU- look online at photos of Discoid-see it look familiar-I have it. It sucks you should see how much crap I have in the bathroom trying different stuff that's why they are going to try Plaginill pretty soon, Imine never heals but ends up getting infected my pores have gotten larger and my face sucks-Lupu Hater I'd like to hear what they say about this-I truly hope you can get help Please let me know too ok.

CHECK WITH DOCTOR OF DISCOID LUPUS MINE IS A DAM NIGHTMARE-IM SUPPOSED TO START PLAQUINILL SOON PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! THIS IS SOMETHING ABOUT LUPUS I TRULY HATE THE MOST!!!!