Chest pressure and headache all of a sudden

Hi All. I have not been on in a while. Have not been feeling well since Friday. It all started around 10:30 am. I was baking cookies and all of a sudden I felt like my chest got very heavy. I finished my baking and sat down for a while. About 2:00 pm I called my Internist to see if I could be seen and was told they were booked up and I could not be seen until 9:00 am on Saturday. At about 5:00 pm I continued to feel this way and just couldn't get comfortable. I decided to go to Pulse MD to get checked out. They ran a EKG and everything was fine. They said I had really high blood pressure. Also took a chest Ex-Ray and said all was ok. They took blood pressure again until it dropped 30 points. I was told if this continued to call my doctor. Throughout the Weekend I did not feel like my self but did not have any chest pressure. On Monday went to my doctor to have my blood pressure checked and was told it was better but still not my normal self. Tuesday night I started with a headache behind my head and it continued most of the night. At about 5:15 am on Wednesday I took 2 Aleve. It has helped with the headache but I'm still wondering if I should call my doctor again? Has this happended to anyone? I have been feeling good otherwise the normal with my Lupus, Raynauds and Sjogrens. Thanks

I would call my doctor back and tell him. It is better to find out what is going on than to put it off.

Hello Purple Mom,

Firstly you have several A1 Diseases overlapping one another which cause many complications within themselves and i could bring up many issues to what it could possibly be but that's only then judging not getting down to the actual point of what's causing what your going through.

I totally agree with "purplebutterfly" get intouch with someone ASAP and high blood pressure weather it's dropping slightly is still another issue to not be ignored and can cause many symptoms alone.

Hugs & kisses Terri :)

P.S Please update we when you see someone.

Hi. I have been feeling chest pressure also the last 2 days along with trouble taking deep breaths. It comes and goes and is not painful but very uncomfortable. I am not myself either I feel something is off. I had trouble sleeping last night. I am calling my doc today to let him know. If this continues I might go to the hospital.

I have chest pain all the time 24/7. and headaches after I take my meds. I have had ekg every 2 weeks, I have had 4 chest xrays, mri, and they have found nothing. Normally my blood pressure is 101/ 65 low blood pressure, but the last vist it was 112/74 high for me. but I think mine is due to stress. I would talk to your doctor and keep talking to him/her till you get an answer.

I have been readind the comments about the chest pressure, headeaches, etc... I have been dealing with the same condition four about one year now. I was seen by a neurologist, cardiologist, my Rheumatologist and my orthopedic doctor, my primary care dr and 2 trips to the ER.Every heart test, stress test, xray ct scan, etc.. was done over and over. Finally,they all agreed that I have a condition called Costochondritis. They say it's caused by inflammation of the rib cartilages. I was told the cause is unknown but they seem to think that Lupus patients are more at risk because we are prone to get inflammation, anywhere! Deep breathing makes it worse, so does coughing and movement. I was told that my blood pressure was elevating from the pain and worrying of I was having a heart attack. Treatment is usual Anti inflammatories and pain medicine. Rest is advised until the pain subsides. It usually last about 2 weeks and if it doesnt improve by then, back to the dr. I hope this helps. I am going through a bout of it now, but I can't take anti inflams. Feel better everyone!

Mechla.....

It could also be plurisi (inflammation on the outside of lungs) or pericarditis (inflammation on the outside of heart). You can even have both at the same time. I was told by my pulmonologist that they can't see plurisi unless it turns into plural effusions. Pericarditis can be seen by echocardiogram. It could also be something called myofacial pain syndrome. The treatment for all of these is antinflamatories and sometimes prednisone for a few days. Hope that helps.

Well I finally went to see my cardiologist on Thursday. She said the EKG is showing nothing. She also stated it could be inflammation on the outside of ribcage. Sounds like Alley's reply. She told me she wants and ECHO and a stress test done. I will do this in a couple of weeks. The blood pressure is still borderline. I am going to try to start doing some more walking and use my stationary bike alittle more than I was able to do to see if this helps. I have been sitting alot more than I should. If anyone has any other suggestions with blood pressure or any of the above please advise. Thanks so much.I will also just keep the faith that I will feel better each day.