Blood in Urin

Hi my fellow lupies...

I was informed yesterday that there is blood in my urine and there was also some present on my last visit a few months ago.. She's a little worried so I"m going in tomorrow to have a bladder ultrasound and she wants my kidneys checked too.. I'm a little scared and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and what happened?

I had this with kidney stones and an infection. I will be thinking of you.

Thank you so much...

I to have had blood in my urine, they have found no reason why, I wish I could help

Both my mom and I (She has RA) have had this. In my case it was from kidney stones. I get them quite frequently despite drinking so much water my stomach sloshes. In my mom’s case it was bladder cancer. So definitely get it checked out. My mom is fine, they did surgery and she’s been clear for more than five years. Very high remission rate if caught early. It’s far more likely to be from kidney stones so please don’t stress. Is your urine brown or have a pinkish tinge? Or is it just showing up during urinalysis? Hugs, Annemarie

It's a dark golden and I know it shouldn't be because I've started drinking a lot of water. But I have no symptoms, it just keep coming up in my urinalysis... I'll keep you all posted, I go tomorrow for a bladder ultrasound.

Annemarie said:

Both my mom and I (She has RA) have had this. In my case it was from kidney stones. I get them quite frequently despite drinking so much water my stomach sloshes. In my mom's case it was bladder cancer. So definitely get it checked out. My mom is fine, they did surgery and she's been clear for more than five years. Very high remission rate if caught early. It's far more likely to be from kidney stones so please don't stress. Is your urine brown or have a pinkish tinge? Or is it just showing up during urinalysis? Hugs, Annemarie

Torie Wise said:

It's a dark golden and I know it shouldn't be because I've started drinking a lot of water. But I have no symptoms, it just keep coming up in my urinalysis... I'll keep you all posted, I go tomorrow for a bladder ultrasound.

Annemarie said:

Both my mom and I (She has RA) have had this. In my case it was from kidney stones. I get them quite frequently despite drinking so much water my stomach sloshes. In my mom's case it was bladder cancer. So definitely get it checked out. My mom is fine, they did surgery and she's been clear for more than five years. Very high remission rate if caught early. It's far more likely to be from kidney stones so please don't stress. Is your urine brown or have a pinkish tinge? Or is it just showing up during urinalysis? Hugs, Annemarie

Hey try not to worry too much although I know that's not always easy. When they found blood in my urine it was because my meds were irritating my bladder all I had to do was drink was drink a LOT more water. I hope and pray that it's nothing serious. Be Well! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Piewacket

Thank you so much..

Piewacket said:

Hey try not to worry too much although I know that's not always easy. When they found blood in my urine it was because my meds were irritating my bladder all I had to do was drink was drink a LOT more water. I hope and pray that it's nothing serious. Be Well! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Piewacket

My latest urinalysis shows rbc and wbc are high (urine) with blood. I have chronic kidney stones. Drink lots of water and get it checked.

I always have a little blood in my urine as did my mother. I have been through all the tests and they finally decided to ignore it...I do know that there was blood in my urine that I could see once..that was a kidney infection. Hang in there!!