Better pain management:)

So this fentanly patch is really helping my joint injury pain:)my rheumatologist has started me on 12mcgs every 72 hours…I just wish there was a dosage in between the 12 and 25 mcgs…it helps take the edges off my bone and bone contusion pain but I can still feel it…I’d have to be soooo druged to not feel all my injuries anyway and the last thing I want is to become a zombie!I’m working on walking and standing for more than just a few minutes at a time…I have to keep reminding myself that my injuries are still there even though they don’t hurt near as much with the patch… my orthopedic recently told me the only place that I wouldn’t end up hurting myself is a pool or outer space lol!so I gotta go slow and steady… I’m looking forward to the holiday season and spending lots of time with friends and family no matter what happens next???xoxo

So glad you got a little relief with the new pain patch. You still have such a great positive attitude!

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your health. You are like a pioneer into a complex medical world for the rest of us.

We are all learning through you just how to keep going with even the worst situation. Dawn you are amazing, keep it up!

Prayers and hugs to you!

ar Dawnceleste:

You are so courageous and so positive I hope you have a wonderful holiday season I too am looking forward to agreat holiday season, and to count my blessings. Thank God for family and friends.

hugs

Cindy

You go, Dawn! You young people are so awesome. I didn't have it bad like so many of you are coping with at your young ages. Such courage. Gentle hugs!

Your doc could order it every 48 hours- ask him

What is the generic drug in this patch? Is it an NSAID? I have lottsa pain and in pain management. Would like to see if it helps if I can take it.

Thanx,

You have to hold on.

Love your spirit, Dawncelest! Lupancatwoman

USAGURL said:

What is the generic drug in this patch? Is it an NSAID? I have lottsa pain and in pain management. Would like to see if it helps if I can take it.

Thanx,

You have to hold on.

The brand name is Duragesic patch and the generic is Fentanyl Transdermal active ingredient is Fentanyl.

Keep up the positive attitude. I am sensitive to meds & have worked way up to 50micrograms with generic lortab for breakthrough pain. We tried 75microgram but it was too much. I even tried the 50 with the 12.5 but again it was too much. You might ask your rheumatologist if you can get a medication for breakthrough pain or if can use 12.5 patch plus a half of another 12.5microgram. I know you cannot cut or tear the gel packed ones but the generic gummy ones can be. I only know that because a brand of generic patches I was using were getting stuck to inside package & were getting cut when I cut open package. Pharmacist noted problem with company but said it was ok to use them. Might be worth talking to rheumatologist & pharmacist. ***I am not a health care professional just a fellow lupus sufferer. Ask your health care provider(s) before starting or stopping or adding any new medications***

I have it every 48 and also at a much higher dosage, but he did tell me that many with chronic pain do start experiencing a loss of relief after 48 hrs. Mine is higher just because it started because of a back injury and surgeries and such starting almost 14 years ago...yikes, that's a long time. Unfortunately, pain relief is always changing because the body gets used to the meds.

I use some OTC and herbal to help, but have to be very careful because of Nephritis.

poobie said:

Your doc could order it every 48 hours- ask him

whathappensinvegas
I’ll call my rheumatologist tomorrow to have her write a new script for 25mcg…I’m trying my hardest to walk but it’s sooooo painful so a higher dose is in my best interest… fortunately my rheumy is very compassionate and completely understands how excruciating my joint and bone injuries are and knows I refuse to let my diseases defeat me! …All my Dr’s want to get me better but in the meantime still have a quality some of life so at this point they’ll give me whatever I want to stay comfortable… I also have no history of drug abuse or dependency , I used to be afraid to take too much pamperin during my period lol. of course my Dr’s know this about me and how long I put off taking any narcotics even when I started suffering from severe tenosynovitis everywhere so I’m sure that helps in their decision to prescribe me.

So Sorry you are having to deal with all of this pain - I understand completely -but i'm sure not on the same level as you. Everybody is different as is every body & how it deals with pain. Just hoping you can get some pain relief that lasts with minimal breakthrough pain. I know through the last couple years doctors & I have changed strengths & types of meds for pain control & since i'm super sensitive to meds ughhh it has been a rough road. Wishing you the best.

I do hope that you find some relief. Be careful as the first couple of days you may feel a bit loopy until your body adjusts. I found it helped me because my kidneys are so bad that they weren't metabolizing anything I took orally.

I hope you find some relief so as to keep some quality of life.

Hugs,

DeAnne

dawncelest said:

whathappensinvegas
I'll call my rheumatologist tomorrow to have her write a new script for 25mcg..I'm trying my hardest to walk but it's sooooo painful so a higher dose is in my best interest... fortunately my rheumy is very compassionate and completely understands how excruciating my joint and bone injuries are and knows I refuse to let my diseases defeat me! ...All my Dr's want to get me better but in the meantime still have a quality some of life so at this point they'll give me whatever I want to stay comfortable... I also have no history of drug abuse or dependency , I used to be afraid to take too much pamperin during my period lol. of course my Dr's know this about me and how long I put off taking any narcotics even when I started suffering from severe tenosynovitis everywhere so I'm sure that helps in their decision to prescribe me.

Hi!, feel good and relax as much as possible, for the holiday! Don’t over due it! Enjoy!..Beverly L.