Zeke

Zeke wanting a basketball partner…

That's my favorite part of him, and his nose becuz it's like velvet....

Thank you Astrid...he is my best friend... I am trying to train him to assist me...pick things up off the floor, open drawers and doors, and some other training aids.

Yes, I have a friend that does dog training and she has helped me sooo much. She has two Mastiffs and they do soooo much for her...they help her with the laundry so she doesn't have to bend over, pick up objects off the floor,etc...She has had back surgery and is doing better, but still needs the help. She is where we got Zeke from. She had a friend that was a breeder and she called me one day and said Gail, I'm taking my dog out of there, do you want me to take Zeke until you get here? She explained that the mother was emaciated and the pups weren't getting fed properly and she said there was Parvo on the floor from the mom. So we packed up and drove to Kansas City, MO....9 hr drive, and rescued Zeke. (that was the first time I got REALLY sick) Anyway, we took him for two sessions of training and he did soooo well. I couldn't participate becuz of the walking around the whole store and standing and sitting, Bob did all the physical part of it, but at home I can work with him okay. My goal is to train him for a service dog....hopefully. There a great author, Ian Dunbar that trains dogs for ppl w/disabilities. The only outcome is that Zeke "sucks" on his blanket from being taken away from his mother so early....he was 4 wks old, but we're lucky that's all that happened. ;)

Iguess I forgot to add that I use the clicker training method and it works very well....I seem to have lost that button that says "edit"??

Yes I have heard this many times that dogs can sense a seizure coming on....I think that's amazing! Zeke sniff my left foot that is swollen and I know he knows that something is wrong with that foot ;) Terri that is truly awesome that 2nd Staff did that for you...now how do you explain that? They just know when something's wrong and know what to do in some cases. My friend w/the Mastiffs fell one time and her youngest got next to her on the floor and she put herself over his body and he stood up so she could stand!

Oh my goodness Terri...that is truly amazing that he knocked that gate down...not that he doesn't have the strength cuz I know he does.....but that he had the determination to protect you no matter what was in his way...lol! The fact that your first Staff howled all that time when you were sick is also amazing. Dogs just blow me away with what they are capable of....and we don't know it......until they do it! Some ppl just don't give dogs enough credit for what they can accomplish or what we can teach them...

OH YOU SHOULDN'T WORRY SO MUCH...BUT i DO THE SAME THING...LOL THE PROBLEM NOW IS THAT I CAN'T EDIT...I LOST THE BUTTON ;(

In my eyes dogs or any animal turn out what the owners make them. xxx You hit the nail on the head Terri!!

When I first got on here there was a spot at the bottom of the post that said you had 15 minutes to edit....now i don't have one. ;(