Just Plain Confused!

Hi All! I finally got my rash diagnosed after almost 2 years of having it, it came back as SCLE. I am taking Plaquanil, for a month now and can’t say I’ve noticed any difference. I am exhausted, my joints hurt, i’m getting raging headaches AND last year I was in the hospital for my kidney’s almost completely shutting down. (that happened out of the blue). They did do a biopsy on one of my kidneys and it came back as minimal change disease (another autoimmune). Now I’m being tested further by my dermatologist for SLE. These are the tests I have had and the results.

ANA
Positive
Speckled
1:320 Titer

ENA SA(ro)
High 92

ENA SB(la)
Normal Range 8

dsDNA
Negative 76

What does this all mean?? Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated as I don’t go back and see the derm again till the end of November.

Thank you so much!!

Sorry about your rashes and being new like me to what all this means. I can’t tell if they have put you on any medication for your rash. Usually it would.some type of steroid. I myself was tested for lupus when I had a rash that wouldn’t go away for months. It came back negative so I didn’t get fully diagnosed until July this year.
The reason you’re not seeing results from plaquenil is perhaps because you’re currently going through a flare up. These are the trying times for us lupus patients. If you do things right and take your meds like you should, your symptoms could go away for some time even years. Just hang in there. Sorry I can’t help you understand the result numbers. Good luck to you and keep on fighting!

Thank you so much…we’ll all just keep fighting!!

1 Like

Hi
I’m still confused and I was diagnosed 4 years ago. My Derm gave me the final diagnoses of SLE. I have been on Plaquenil they have really helped my mouth sores. I haven’t had one ( a mouth sore that is) in over 3 years now. Most of my joints hurt a little, not to bad . I have pulmonary fibrosis now, which of course won’t get better. One good thing, the plaquenil hasn’t bothered my eyes. I am very exhausted. I couldn’t work if I had to. I have chronic kidney disease Stage 3. Im not complaining though, I could be worse. I just do what I can when I can. I don’t have any headaches though. I was old to get diagnosed with this. I am 75 now.
Take care
Cindy